Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

jbear

First Post
The door swings open and a fierce dark skinned warrior stalks into the room, a pungent smell trailing along behind him. At the bar he drops a few coins and rumbles "Make it burn." When a smoking drink is poured into a thimble he knocks it back and turns. Leaning back on the bar he surveys the room with a grim look.

Not long after the door swings over again and a saltier smell washes in with the long legged pirate that sweeps inside. This one heads for a corner with a flashy grin at any who cross his path. He takes up a seat and puts his long leather boots up on the table while he waits patiently to catch a waitress' attention, sending a gold coin spinning into the air time and time again, a coin which he seemed to pluck from thin air.

OOC: Leather, Human fighter lvl 5 and Kane Arcane, Human Wizard|Swordmage Hybrid lvl 7 have entered the bar.
[MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] Looks like I missed the boat on your adventure. For some reason I thought I had all ready put my hand up for that one and was waiting for a message in the other thread. I hadn't been keeping an eye on the tavern. Never mind. If anyone disappears on you, let me know.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Merri bops along to the music and wanders over to Joy.

"Um, pardon me miss, but can I ask you a question? I mean, that was a question, but I meant another question. Is that okay? Oh! I did it again. Right, now I'm just going to say it. How do you do that?"

OOC: Merri's in, but she wasn't in the tavern when the Mayor arrived, so she's a step behind.

The dark-haired woman cocked her head for just a second, as if she were thinking. The music in the air grew languid, a trill of soft strings, and after a moment Merri heard a voice in her head, a rich confident tone:

[sblock= Telepathy- Merri]
"I don't really know how I do it. I've found it to be like breathing- I don't know how I do it, but it keeps happening..."
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Joy inclined her head to the mayor- it was not quite a bow, but a sign of respect and acceptance. "At least I don't have to pack. Let the voyage begin!" As she headed for the door the music around her switched to a jaunty marching tune...

FourMonos

First Post
Grinning at Joy, "Well it is very happy."

Merri, very excited to meet her new friends, pulls out her traveling hat, cloak and gloves and follows them and they mayor out of the tavern.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
As the group files out, cowled figure surrounded by a haze of purple smoke enters the tavern.

After short deliberation, the figure posts something on bulletin board and turns to leave when he spies half elven warlock reading in the corner.
Another puff of smoke comes out of the hood as skinny hand reaches up and pulls it back revealing middle aged eladrin smoking the pipe, complex tattoos covering his skin.

Veruzak sits next to Martelai and they speak in hushed tones in eladrin language as they study small item between them
Those understanding the language hear bits and pieces
[sblock=Elven]
"'keyed to fey blood'"
"stable or inactive"
"summoning or just opening the gateway"
"IAC members"
[/sblock]

Finally, eladrin shakes his head and pushes the item toward the warlock and leaves. Half elf picks the item up and silvery triangular amulet is now visible to all.
[sblock=Strange amulet]
[19:06:15] Ranko Gacesa: Strange amulet
Light mithril chain is linked to triangular piece of strange grayish metal that seems virtually weightless and partially transparent, as if it does not entirely belong to this world. Single extremely complex silver rune is etched in its center, its meaning unknown.
Item radiates aura of powerful magic, but it seems its magic is dampened somehow, as if something is missing from it.
[/sblock]

After long pause, the warlock speaks up.
"Are there any IAC members here? I may have something of an investigation on my hands. Anybody else interested in investigating obscure item lore in hard to reach places spiced with dangerous surroundings and untold dangers for mere trifle of fabulous treasures? Of course, if you don't find anything worth your while, Institute of Arcane Ciphers will pay for your services."

OOC: [MENTION=82643]CaBaNa[/MENTION], I will borrow Veruzak for adventure hook in his role of IAC headmaster

Everyone, new adventure for high heroic levels is ready. I would like to come as the friend that will DM this made it around Martelai, but I understand if you vote me down. My own adventure will wait for some other time, in the meantime I recommend Ranko as highly creative, dangerously deadly and very entertaining DM :)

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli's been listening to the esteemed Dina's discourse and chatting to Lerrick; when a convenient pause occurs, Lilli hops off her stool and takes look at the note.

She goes straight over to Martelai, "Well, yes I'm available and a Sapient member. So, who was that fellow? Also, I know some others who might be interested. Gateway? Feyblood? Oh, sorry..."

OOC: Lilli is level 7. I've a bit of light alteration in mind, but it'll only be around the Bard Feature I'm mulling over swapping for another, but slightly different.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Sounds like something someone like me would be deeply interested." Vermitrax says softly, as he raises from his tabel, his spell tome floating around him, as well as other items he was working with. The shady warrior that follows him also stands, saying nothing.

Vermitrax level 8 wizard would be delighted to participate.

jbear

First Post
"M-magic you s-say. C-count me in" smiled the buccaneer. His coin disappears and he approaches the one who spoke to hear more.

OOC: Kane Arcane lvl 7 Wizard|Swordmage hybrid is up for it! I can also bump him up a level if that will be more appropriate to the adventure difficulty.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina

Dina had just finished giving her lecture on dragons when the exchange began. Her interest was piqued by the amulet and even more so by talk of the IAC and obscure lore.

She stands from here chair and stretches her legs before coming to the warlock's call. She picks up the twin spears that she carries into battle and stows them across her back.

"I am Dina, warrior-scholar in service of Mireva. My divine mission is to gather lore from common to obscure. It sounds like you are truly in need of my assistance. May Mireva open our minds for they are the keys to all knowledge."

OOC: Dina, deva level 9 artificer|warlord is ready for an adventure for lost lore. She's a skill monkey, especially regarding knowledge skills in addition to being a buffing leader type.

Remove ads