Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

dimsdale

First Post
Lerrick wishes all who are heading out the door good luck. As she settles back down into her chair she starts to feel dizzy. The mark on her forehead suddenly glows bright silver. She feels as if she it starting to faint. Her eyes roll into the back of her head and her mind fades into darkness. Before she loses consciousness she hears a familiar voice. "Come child, let us rid this evil once and for all..."

The patrons around her look in horror as a silver mist begins to swirl around the cleric. Just as the mist engulfs her they see the cleric collapse. A bright flash occurs, temporarily blinding all around her. When they the regain their eyesight, the cleric is gone.

Before the patrons get a chance to settle down the door burst open. A sturdy dwarf dressed in plate mail, carrying a large waraxe boldly strides into the tavern, making a beeline to the bard. Give me an ale...no...make that 2 and a pot of that stew that your famous for! After receiving his food and drink he quaffs the first pint, then devours his stew. He then quaffs the second ale, pauses, then lets out a thunderous belch. I'm back and I'm look'n for work.

ooc: Kruk: lvl 11 dwarf guardian fighter looking for adventure

"I am scholar of the lost lore in service of our Lady of Knowledge" deva nods toward Dina..."I am divine spark of Joven, not an arcanist, but I know much about forgotten history of intelligent races. I was there as often as not. Cyr Iannes at your service. I am not a member of your society, but I am willing to help."

OOC: Just a reminder, Lerrick and Martelai were in the Kolloseum group with Cyr :)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Note on the note: that note Veruzak posted contains only IAC mark...the text itself is invisible, unless you're an arcanist who knows how to read it. CaBaNa's idea, blame him. :)

Fully expecting the sudden flurry of requests for adventure, Martelai stands up and nods to all around.
"Hello, Lily, I remember you as a member, and "Whos that" is Veruzak, head of our order, although he's mostly deep in research these days so new members rarely see him. Everyone, my name is Martelai Luinil, I am the head of Bacarte office of Institute of Arcane Ciphers. I just got this" ... he holds the amulet high ... "along with a request to investigate it. But first, I'd like to offer the arcane knowledge seekers The Institutes membership if you're interested. Settle down, if you're interested in membership come to Lilly. We'll wait for a moment more to see if more people come. I'll go for a snap into Bacarte to check on something, I'll be back shortly when I'll have better idea of what we're facing and what expertise and power will be needed."

With that he walks into the clear space in the middle and says "Pirate joke: do you know the one when pirate comes into a bAAARRR!" and it seems even tavern portal groans at a bad joke, but still opens for the warlock who promptly disappears into Bacarte.

OOC: Ground work, I'll go ask our DM when he'll be ready :)/
OOC:

WEContact

First Post
Kane and Dina stagger under a sudden weight as Ignatz throws and arm around each of their shoulders. In the excitement they hadn't noticed him when he enter the tavern moments prior. "Ho boy! Ve got new friendz and old friendz! Iz gut to see hyu agin, Dina! Oy, Lilly, hy'z comink vit hyu pipple!"

[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 8
Initiative: +8, Passive perception: 21, Passive Insight: 15
AC:24 Fort:23 Ref:21 Will:17
HP: 72/72 Bloodied: 36 Surge value: 18 Surges/day: 10 Speed: 6 squares, AP: 1, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +14 vs AC, 2d6+10 brutal 1 (Claw: +14 vs AC, 1d8+9)Notes: +1d6+1 damage and +1 AC when charging, +2d6b1 when charging w/CA
Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury, Brutal Slam, Shrug It Off, Hungry Spear Power, Backlash Tattoo, Swift Panther Rage, Tyrant's Rage, Combat Surge, Marauder's Armor Power[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: Just a reminder, Lerrick and Martelai were in the Kolloseum group with Cyr :)

ooc: oops :)

The dwarf smiles a toothy grin as he scans the tavern, then lifts up his leg and farts. His smile suddenly disappears as he takes his free hand and clutches his stomach. Uh oh. The dwarf shifts his head from left to right, the bellows to the bartender I need a toilet...NOW. The bartender points to a hallway and the dwarf trots awkwardly in the direction of the hallway.

Moments later, a bright flash of light appears followed by a crack of thunder. Lerrick reappears, sitting in the same chair but now slumped over the table in front of her. After a few seconds her body jolts up. She blinks her emerald eyes then shakes her head. She gets up from her chair and joins Cyr and Dina. After listening to the conversation the cleric chimes in Um, I can help as well. I specialize in healing.

jbear

First Post
"W-wait ...I...I.. A-a-a-A ...S-s-s-C? I w-was i-invited to join them. G-guess it's time t-to accept!" stutters Kane. "G-gelik invited m-me."

And then the warlock cracks his joke and disappears. He hoped he had heard him.

Kane's Invite

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=Kane's IAC invite]I think the links may have been screwed up in the forum changeover. But Kane was indeed invited to join the IAC during the course of the adventure I ran. It's actually here, right near the end.[/sblock]

MadAzolin

First Post
Excruciatingly ugly Igor enters the tavern, supporting himself with crooked staff and whips barmaid with gaze of his single oversized glowing eye. As she brings beer, he slowly hobbles to Lilly, spilling the beer along the way. Leaning on his staff, he scans the tavern. Moments later, creature chants softly and chunks of crumpled paper flow from tattered rags he wears as clothing, form into solid piece of paper and glue themselves on bulletin board. As Igor slowly exits the inn, mumbling to himself and spilling rest of beer along the way, Lilly checks the glowing note and pounces happily up and down like excited child.

[sblock=glowing note]
The Institute of Arcane Cyphers is looking for able bodied adventurers interested in investigation of lost lore and eldritch powers. Report to Lilly here in the inn or Martelai Luinil for details.
- 'igor, on behalf of IAC, Daunton chapter'
[/sblock]
[sblock=arcana DC 25]
Tiny specks of dust on the note are actually arcane glyphs, magic itself is strange, threads of simple apprentice-level cantrips woven together into glyphs of considerable complexity - likely something of innate magic of those weird 'igor' creatures. Careful examination reveals pieces of magical scripture on the note:
The Institute of Arcane Cyphers *has sent poor igor to go* looking for able bodied *and not so able bodied* adventurers interested in investigation of lost lore and eldritch powers *and interested in gruesome death*. Report to Lilly here in the inn or Martelai Luinil for details *because our boss does not want to have anything to do with this*.
- 'igor *,poor underpaid igor*, on behalf of IAC, Daunton chapter'
[/sblock]

OOC:
new DM reporting for duty :) check [Adventure] Shards of Eldanarth for details if interested

Remove ads