• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exalted [Re-Recruiting and Re-Defining]

Lichtenhart

First Post
Aenion said:
Hey Rathan,

I've noticed that for a Dawn Caste you'll be having an incredibly low lethal soak and since Lichtenhart has asked to help out.
You might want to consider losing one of the water-style charms in favour of 'Celestial Tiger Hide' from Tiger Style it will increase both your soaks by your MA-rating if I'm not mistaken.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, as it is Korban is all about dodging rather than soaking. I thought he could go Iron Skin concentration soon, but maybe he can consider trading Wise Arrow for Celestial Tiger Hide. Aenion can you please have a look at his combos too? I designed them a lot ago, and I'm not really sure they're effective.

Last edited:

Aenion

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
Yeah, as it is Korban is all about dodging rather than soaking. I thought he could go Iron Skin concentration soon, but maybe he can consider trading Wise Arrow for Celestial Tiger Hide. Aenion can you please have a look at his combos too? I designed them a lot ago, and I'm not really sure they're effective.

Tiger style is all about soaking and beating the enemy to a bloody, messy pulp; so I would try to stick with that. Iron Skin Concentration will still add nicely to the soak provided by his MA.

When I make a combo I always try to combine defense with offense, so I would probably put all 4 charms in a single combo (still a freebie cost of 4). You don't have to use all the charms in a combo if you don't want too, except with extra action charms and stuff, you just pay the willpower and then see what you need during the turn.

Last edited:

Aenion

First Post
BTW on the subject of soaks, could Kabiko have bought an exceptional chain shirt with her resources? (It would cost resources 3 so it's a bit iffy)

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
Aenion said:
BTW on the subject of soaks, could Kabiko have bought an exception chain shirt with her resources? (It would cost resources 3 so it's a bit iffy)
Yes you can get it. Or do you mean if you can get it without lowering your resources?

Aenion

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
Yes you can get it. Or do you mean if you can get it without lowering your resources?

I meant without lowering resources, but before play.

But no biggy, she'll survive without :)

Lichtenhart

First Post
Aenion said:
I meant without lowering resources, but before play.

Well, I don't know. I think I could probably allow a single item at one's full resources rating. But that would probably mean your enemies get it too :)
I'd like to hear more players about that.

loxmyth

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
Well, I don't know. I think I could probably allow a single item at one's full resources rating. But that would probably mean your enemies get it too :)
I'd like to hear more players about that.

I don't have a problem with it. I've purposely kept Phoenix's equipment list sparse, because this'll be my first time playing Exalted and I'd like my character to mostly gain things through roleplay the first time, while everything's new and largely unexplored. If you don't think this will be viable or you want me to flesh out other things, then please let me know and I'll do it.

Aenion

First Post
Anybody seen this on EC or White-Wolf?

ProductionBrian said:
Get Your Character on the Cover of the Exalted Players
Guide!

Want to see your character on the cover of the Exalted
Players Guide illustrated by the gang at UDON? Now
you can! All we need from you is a write-up of your
character from your Exalted chronicle. Now, before you
go all crazy and give us pages of in-depth stories about
your character, please note that each submission must
be 75 WORDS OR LESS IN LENGTH. Any entries
running longer will be automatically deleted. Obviously,
with the set word count, try to keep the write-up limited
to the character’s physical description. Please don’t
just tell us that your character is “moody.” Instead,
describe to us what it is about the character’s physical
appearance that makes her moodiness obvious to the
viewer. We’ll also need to know what type of Exalt your
character is (i.e., Solar, Lunar, Abyssal,
Dragon-Blooded, Sidereal — or even heroic mortal or
Dragon King), what particular caste she belongs to (if
applicable), what Artifacts she bears — y’know, the
Exalted basics. Please limit your submission to the five
“official” Exalt types, Dragon Kings and heroic mortals
— your Infernal or Alchemical Exalt may be a great
character, but we don’t want to mislead people into
thinking this book has lots of information on those
types of Exalted just because one of them is on the
cover. Once we’ve compiled the entries and the White
Wolf staff has picked the top 10 character write-ups,
we’ll post them on the website so all the fans can vote.
The top five characters will be illustrated by UDON for
the cover of the Players Guide. The best of these five,
as voted on by you, the fans, will get to be the main
character on the front of the book.

The Basics:
75-word physical description of your character
E-mail it to exaltedcontest@white-wolf.com

The Deadline:
Submissions must be received by Friday, November
14th. Anything received after midnight of that date will
be deleted. Voting will start on Friday, November 21st
and run through December 1st.

Legal:
All descriptions submitted become the property of
White Wolf Publishing, Inc.

The email address should be active by the end of the
day today (October 29).

-Brian
Exalted Art Director

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Thanks for the suggestions all... I'll take a look at my char Sunday and see what needs to be reworked..... my friend has all but three of ALL the Exalted books... I'll take a look through them and see if I can make my char just that much more badass... :D

Aenion

First Post
Rathan said:
Thanks for the suggestions all... I'll take a look at my char Sunday and see what needs to be reworked..... my friend has all but three of ALL the Exalted books... I'll take a look through them and see if I can make my char just that much more badass... :D

No problem, I'm happy to help out.

The more badass the Dawn is, the safer the rest of the circle is when we actually get attacked. :)

Remove ads