• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exalted [Re-Recruiting and Re-Defining]

Lichtenhart

First Post
Jaik said:
Okay, Kurei is mostly posted. I forgot to bring my book to work today, so the charm page references are wrong as are the costs and my weapon stats are missing. I also apologize for the atrocious formattin. I tried to do itlike the xample, but it refuses to let me put more than one space in a row.

For a format to work, you have to put (code)(/code) tags around your post -only use [] instead of ()-
Looking at it now :)

Edit: Jaik, I noticed only this thing: Compassionate Martyrdom is a flaw out od Compassion, that is not one of your main virtues. You should either pick a flaw out of Conviction or Valor, or raise your Compassion.
Have you thought about your little extra?

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
Mitchifer said:
Ok...this time around...I almost totally reworked my character. I know I've been indecisive about this, but now I think I'm satisfied :D .

As for my "little extra", do you think I could get a combo? I ran out of the freebie points needed to purchase it at character creation (3 pts). I found one on the Exalted Compendium that I liked; here's the link to it:
http://exalted.rpgcompendium.com/section.php?sec=3&article=26&var=1&combo=321

My only question about it is its activation cost. Is it correct?

Thanks

--Mitchifer​
Nice combo. Activation cost sounds correct. As for the little extra, add in a couple freebie points or a merit you like from EC, that should do it. :)
Can you post the background in the character's thread too?

Rathan

First Post
Korban Whitehammer:

Letter to Parents:

I know it's been a while sense my last letter mom and dad, but the trianing is hard here and there is little or no free time for any of us new ones. Hows Hark? I miss my big brother alot, and not having him here leaves a big hole in my life. This training camp will teach me how to be as strong as him and will give me the leadership skills he holds dear. I miss the ranch, my family and all the animals there. This place, I hate it, though I know I must be here to survive. Have you gotten any more threats for Loaik. He will be the death of me some day I'm sure. I'll never forget the day we became worst of enemies. I had no idea he was corting Asiena, he almost impaled me right then and there when I kisses her. She did not want him anyways, she wanted to marry me.

Korban comes from a family of strict dragon blooded morals his father is a powerfull leader in the surrounding area. What he des for them he keeps to himself though. His mother is a strong willed woman that lets nothing bother her. Between the two of them Korban is a very strong person both in body and in mind.

Korbans home in Blessed Isle is a large ranch style. One floor but covering a vast amount of square footage. It's quite a large house for just the five of them, Korbans Mother Kasha, his father Magnus, his older brother Hark and his younger sister Ariel....... Hark and Korban are very close and up until Hark went away to his military duties the two never spent a moment apart....

Life was sweet for Korban growing up, if he wanted something his father got it for him. Korban was spoiled more than the other children for some reason although he never thought to ask why. His father was strict with him of course, being a military man, but even that being the case Korban had an easy childhood.

Recently Korban's father has sent him to a Dragon Blooded trianing camp quite a ways from home, and as one might suspect Korban hates it. Korban knows though that he must partake in this training to become a wise and powerfull leader like his brother and father. Who knows what the future holds of Korban, a life of leadership with hundreds of dragon soldiers to command, or maybe another fate not yet unfolded.................

Aenion

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
Well, it looks like Enworld will be safe for a couple years at least.
*does happy dance*
Anyway, I'm curious. What place was that?

Edit: Aenion, shouldn't Kabiko have something like an Orichalcum amulet to use the special power of her hearthstone? or does she has it mounted somewhere else?

Artificial-Evil, but we might have to ask Tokiwong first ;)
I used to play in a Lunar campaign over there and some other games, but it's awfully quiet now.

It's mounted in her Collar of Dawn's Cleansing Light :)

Aenion

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
Nice combo. Activation cost sounds correct. As for the little extra, add in a couple freebie points or a merit you like from EC, that should do it. :)
Can you post the background in the character's thread too?

Wouldn't the cost be 1 will to activate the combo and 1 will to activate Adamant Skin Technique, making it 2 will, 10 motes and 1 health?

Aenion

First Post
What have we got up 'till now?

A Realm born Eclipse diplomat - Loxmyth
A Realm born Dawn Caste Martial Artist - Rathan
A South-East born, but Realm trained Zenith - Jaik
A South-East born Eclipse entertainer - Me
An ancient No-Moon Lunar - Kalanyr
A Twilight Mercenary Martial Artist - Mitchifer

So I guess we're still waiting for our Night caste, if I'm not mistaken.

Any idea yet where in Creation the game will take place?

Lichtenhart

First Post
Aenion said:
What have we got up 'till now?

A Realm born Eclipse diplomat - Loxmyth
A Realm born Dawn Caste Martial Artist - Rathan
A South-East born, but Realm trained Zenith - Jaik
A South-East born Eclipse entertainer - Me
An ancient No-Moon Lunar - Kalanyr
A Twilight Mercenary Martial Artist - Mitchifer

So I guess we're still waiting for our Night caste, if I'm not mistaken.

Any idea yet where in Creation the game will take place?
Add that Kalanyr's is from the South-East too and that Janos, our missing Night Caste is with him, and you'll see a pattern. :)
We'll start somewhere in the East or South-East, how you'll get there will be the subject of a confidential e-mail I'll send each of you before the game starts, but I think you'll be traveling a lot along the campaign.
I'm giving time to everybody to finish their chars and background. Janos I think is still looking for new and improved loopholes in the rules. ;)
I'd also like if the more experienced players could look at their fellows' chars and give some advice to the less experienced ones (or to the least experienced ST ;)).

Aenion

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
Add that Kalanyr's is from the South-East too and that Janos, our missing Night Caste is with him, and you'll see a pattern. :)
We'll start somewhere in the East or South-East, how you'll get there will be the subject of a confidential e-mail I'll send each of you before the game starts, but I think you'll be traveling a lot along the campaign.
I'm giving time to everybody to finish their chars and background. Janos I think is still looking for new and improved loopholes in the rules. ;)
I'd also like if the more experienced players could look at their fellows' chars and give some advice to the less experienced ones (or to the least experienced ST ;)).

I've played a little, but I've read a lot, so I've found a lot of loopholes (I always seem to find them, but hardly ever use them) and i'd love to help the others out, if they have some questions.

EDIT: BTW East and South-East are my favourite part of Creation.

Last edited:

Aenion

First Post
Rathan said:
for me LH.. this will be my second time playing Exalted... and the first campaing in it for me... so everything is still new.... what I want from you is the full picture... both combat (cause that's what my char is geared for) and the role-playing aspect of it as well.... if this game is gonna be half as good as I suspect..I belive I won't be let down. Just take yer time with it LH.. and everything should be fine.... and the houses' plots are what I'm intrested in most.... I can't wait to play!

Hey Rathan,

I've noticed that for a Dawn Caste you'll be having an incredibly low lethal soak and since Lichtenhart has asked to help out.
You might want to consider losing one of the water-style charms in favour of 'Celestial Tiger Hide' from Tiger Style it will increase both your soaks by your MA-rating if I'm not mistaken.

Just my 2 cents.

Remove ads