TSR Example from the worst TSR adventure module(s) ever published

EATherrian

First Post
This thread is awesome. I'm so glad it was raised from the great beyond. I will have to watch out for surprise from apples from now on though.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
This has got to be the funniest thread I've ever seen on ENworld. I swore to keep my sig minimal, but your post near the beginning ruined it for me Simplicity.

Brasswatchman

First Post
Meh. A little overwritten, and it is pretty dumb that the problem is solved by just shaking the guy, but still doesn't strike me as all that bad.

It's also funny how there is this note: "The fireplace has no secret compartments."... Earlier in the adventure, the party is accepted into a mage's home to spend the night before going on the quest. There is this note in the text: "The party will not find anything worth stealing in Delon's quarters."

:D Well, least we know he playtested it.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
And the Nymph and the lake encounter, why weren't there like 20 more deer unconcious? Not to mention birds, beavers, ground hogs....you get the idea. A lake is a major source of water for wildlife...sheesh.

And the fish?

This lake should have looked like a toxic spill occurred.

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
The scary thing about this module is that I actually PLAYED it!! This was one of the first modules my original group (back in junior high) ever played. Fortunately, I remember very little about it, which is probably a good thing.

believe it or not, just a few weeks ago my brother remareked how much he liked the module, said it was one of his favorites. i also remember playing it when it came out. i was like 14, my brother was 12, and we loved it. though we haven't looked at it since 1984. go figure. now i have to go dig that thing out again for old times sake...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I was once a "completist" when it came to buying modules...I may just have this one...

Note to self- take a look for this comedic goldmine!

Remove ads