D&D (2024) Exhaustion

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I like the change quite a bit. Easier to implement and remember at the table, and granular enough to be used as currency for physical actions, if needed. And getting to 4 or 5 exhaustion is plenty punishing.
 how are you going to get to 4 or 5? This is seriously weak sauce. They should have taken a cue from Level Up's Fatigue and Strife rules.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
 how are you going to get to 4 or 5? This is seriously weak sauce. They should have taken a cue from Level Up's Fatigue and Strife rules.
Well, we have no idea what rules are being implemented in terms of exploration or survival procedures. Without that, we have little guidance as to how much exhaustion will accumulate in a standard exploration scenario.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Well, we have no idea what rules are being implemented in terms of exploration or survival procedures. Without that, we have little guidance as to how much exhaustion will accumulate in a standard exploration scenario.
Given the lack of exploration-based abilities in the new ranger, we might not be getting an exploration pillar at all mechanically.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Funny you should mention that. I've been toying with a houserule ofr LU's Fatigue & Strife that would have them both going to 10 before you're "Doomed" and had a "kinder" progression - just so I could give it out more often without my players flipping the table.

This does a similar thing, so I can totally understand why they're testing it.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Given the lack of exploration-based abilities in the new ranger, we might not be getting an exploration pillar at all mechanically.
Sure, but that isn't related to the quality of the exhaustion rule, is it? If they don't properly support a new implementation of a rule, that doesn't mean the rule is flawed.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I like it. Read it one time and as a DM I'll be able to run it without ever having to look up the rule. Also, the extra granularity lets more things affect exhaustion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases