Expeditions to the Craters.

The faen lurks in the shadows on the small hilltop at the edge of town, watching the militia muster. Somewhere, she thinks, there is a leader who created that illusion. Someone arranged for these goblins to get here and attack. That someone should show up soon. When that someone gets here, I'll be ready. Until then, I have to stay out sight or I will be useless when that someone arrives.

The occasional scream of terror that drifts to her keen ears from the town grates on her resolve to stay out of sight. No, no, that big half-orc fellow and the other militia can handle it, she tells herself. Do not react to emotion, she thinks. Rash thoughts get people killed in these situations.

QuaziquestGM

First Post
Through the night the goblin hunt turns into firefighting, triage, and search and rescue. The goblins seem to have no organization, and perhaps the smartest ones are the first to retreat.

The swirling eye in the sky seems to be at high altitude and not exclusionary.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Pulling up beside Crag, who stood next to a watertrof, Stanfor nudge Illikk to go ahead and have a drink. "Wow! Am I tired." he says not sounding one bit tired at all. "That was the longest, most wonderful night in my entire life. Which really hasn't been that long, but still."

The fox finishes his drink and yawns. "Oh I bet your tired too, aren't you pal." He dismounts from Illikk and turns towards Crag.

"Excuse me sir," he says looking up at the talk warrior. "My name is Stanfoiloric Ravenhair," he gives a twist of his head to show off his topknot and the darkness of his hair. "This is my good friend Illikk. Say hello Illikk."

He waits a moment as the fox just sits on his hind legs waiting. "Hmm. Oh well. Could you help point us to a place we could crash for a bit. We both had one heck of a night."

QuaziquestGM

First Post
Before he can respond, something dark and feathery bounces off of his head and lands at the feet of two other short people (the other PCs) a short distance away.

It Coos weakly. Some short of bird...

Thateous

Explorer
Crag tries to focus on Stan as he speaks, but looks to Illikk several times during the conversation. Just as he opens his mouth to speak a small bird pops him on the head. Bending down he scoops up the small bird in his massive hands. He remains on one knee in order to allow Stan to see the bird like creature. He gently nudges the animal with his finger.

OOC: Aylana does a K:Nature check to see what kind of bird it is [roll0]
if no one else does it, she'll also try a Heal check to see what's wrong with the bird [roll1] though she has less faith in her ability to do that.

Aylana looks up to see where the bird may have come from. Perhaps it was just flying by? Cautiously she steps from the shadows, "Can you tell what's wrong with it?"

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
"No it doesn't anymore. Poor thing." Stanfor says standing on his tiptoes to peer in the huge warrior's hand.

"I'll talk to it, see what hurts and what happened to it."
he adds his face brightening at the prospect of getting to speak with animals.

"Coo-ca-coo, caw coo-caw?"
he asks

[sblock=LOL]That's bird for where does it hurt? ANd ask him how he got hurt, if I can.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Inamar notices the congregation and emerges from concealment, frowning in confusion.

"Uh. You know there's still a lot to do, right?" she asks the unlikely assemblage. "I mean, if cheeping at a bird is going to help, great. Otherwise maybe throw a hand in? Put out a fire? Find goblin stragglers? Something useful?"

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Churp-coo-coo," Stanfor says in response. "Oh sorry I mean, yes this will help. Not only humaniods need protected and watched over."

He says this and his hands glow in a very soft blue light. He touches the poor bird gently making sure it doesn't perish from its wounds.

cast cure minor wounds

"And me and Illikk have been spending all night fighting goblins and helping as we could."
Stanfor says indicating the tired fox with a saddle. "You think there are more? I hope not. I'm *yawn* sleepy."

Remove ads