• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Explosions in London

S'mon

Legend
DM-Rocco said:
When I think of Casualties, I think dead, not just injured. Odd don't you think, how two different cultures have different ideas and names for things and are great friends while two other nations have different ideas and names for things and just want to kill each other.

They do use it as a softer form of 'deaths', too. I'm still hopeful the death toll will be significantly below the Bali & Madrid statistics; 35 bodies were recovered from the Underground, that total will go up somewhat, and it looks like a very large number of deaths on the bus, maybe 20+, but it could still be confined to double figures which is something.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
My heart goes out to all, struck by this malice act. But now, I am on pins and needles myself, cause, there is family overthere from my mother's side, which their status is unknown at this moment. Will have inquire on my mum, if she knows anything.

My Prayers to all.

Bobitron said:
I remember after 9/11 a british citizen was interviewed and said something along the lines of "When a Yank needs a hand, call a Brit." I was so touched by that statement of friendship.
I hadn't heard that, but I think the sentiment is returned.

Faoiltiarna

First Post
From the Pacific Northwest, USA. I send my prayers and thoughts to those in London and England. I hope your loved ones and friends are safe. This is indeed a tragic and horrifying event. My bests to all.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
johnsemlak said:
I had understood that central London was one of the most secure places in the world. Amazing the number of attacks that went off.

Central London is certainly one of the places in the world with the most observational cameras and first rate first responders. Comes from years of on and off IRA campaigns. But that kind of surveillance is sometimes more useful in reaction to events or in prevention due to excellent intelligence. And while the intelligence the government traditionally has on the IRA is top notch, it's not nearly as good on Al-Qaeda.
I think this just helps to show that even states experienced with terror groups have countless vulnerabilities of one sort or another to groups that are really determined to cause mayhem.

My thoughts and sympathies to all of the people affected by this latest outrage.

shaylon

First Post
Sorry to hear this tragic news. I hope all enworlders stay safe and that Londoners get through this terrible time.

-Shay

Faoiltiarna

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
Boston has also increased the security level on the MBTA (the subway and bus system here).

And I'll also add my condolences and prayers for everyone affected in London.

Well according to NBC news here in Oregon, Homeland Security has raised the terrorist alert to Orange and all Mass Transit/Public Transit in the states are being monitored. I think it is more a precaution than an actually worry about threat. We shall see.

It does appear, however, that the attack on London was carefully planned and staged. I can only hope that the death toll is low, as well as injuries. This sort of cowardly acts serves to remind all of us in the freeworld just how fragile our security and safety really is.

Everyone stay safe and for all of our British friends, our prayer and wishes go out to you.

Remove ads