• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eyes Of The Lich Queen OOC

drothgery

First Post
Works for me, though Khalia will probably end up ditching the brooch of shielding for a periapt of wisdom if she survives much longer. MAD issues...

Velmont

First Post
drothgery said:
Works for me, though Khalia will probably end up ditching the brooch of shielding for a periapt of wisdom if she survives much longer. MAD issues...

I agree there is a few things that might end sold and exchange for better equipement, but for now, it is more make a good use what we have. We will probably take some coins and gem too out of this hoard for futur use (buy items, bribe people or creature, ect...)

jkason

First Post
Split works for me. Is there a max number any given weapon / piece of armor can use ? (since it seems the shards aren't, say, absorbed by the weapon but rather attached to it).

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
If you are okay with the split, it's fine with me. However, just be aware that money equivilency-wise, Donovan is receiving hands down more than everybody. Disruption, Holy, and Animated are all +2 enhancements and thus worth much more combined than the others. But then again... Disruption isn't as frequently useful in practical use, so unless he sells his mace ever, it seems fine. Just know that if Donovan ever does sell his heavy mace, he'll be getting the gold equivelant to a +5 weapon. :)

To answer jksason... no, there is no maximum to the number of shards you can add to your equipment. I just came up with the shard idea because it allows me to upgrade your equipment without having to replace everything. If I put just a +2 longsword in the pile, Ari takes it, and we now have his +1 floating around as well. And for someone like Donovan, whose armor has light fortification in addition to being +1... to give him better armor would have meant him having to give up the special ability he bought. Which doesn't seem fair.

Plus, the shard concept means you could all pick and choose who got what, as opposed to me automatically designating it by putting a +2 longsword in the pile (which would automatically go to Ari), a +1 flaming dagger (which would have to go to Rogan) etc. etc. This is more Weapons of Legacy-ish... where you keep your equipment... it just gets better.

drothgery

First Post
Well, Khalia would very much like to have a holy weapon, there's absolutely no way she'd take a shard over a character who's much more likely to use weapons in combat. And she can't use shields at all. Pretty much goes for the armor shard and Ring of Protection, too.

Mista Collins

First Post
As a group, we can always decide what is done if a character sells a magic item. It seems like we are a tight knit group and no one is out to amass the most treasure.

Velmont

First Post
I agree with Mista, that if the items are ever sold, we will eb able to distribute teh value more evenly between everyone. The distribution is not meant to be equal money share, but to give an optimal use of each item, and thus, raising the survival of the group.

I think this group is thight enough and they are not seeking fortune, even if they will not drop a chance to get some ressources, as it is always usefull when you have some quests to accomplish.

Also, I think with time, things will equilibrate. Look at Khlia's case. In the first distribution, she got nothing (she carries the gems). In the second distribution, she ended with a tome that is better then a pearl of power (5th level), which worth at least 25 000gp. That bring her back nearer the average and even beat Rogan, who has a loot around 20 000gp. And I don't even have teh sligthest idea how much worth the items of Jango, but it gives him a great flexibility with his spells.

Once we will get out of there and finish in a city, we will see which items we want to sell, who got what and try to distribute the value more evenly as possible.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads