• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fall of the Broken

Need_A_Life

First Post
"Well, I can't tell you everything before I know what you intend to do once you get inside. But I can throw in my two galifars
"First, it's either infiltration in broad daylight, for which you'd need a bunch of passwords and a uniform or it's burglary at night. The latter is less likely to get you caught, honestly, because there's not as many people to see when you get one wrong,
the gnome says smugly. "Whether you want to send in one person and hope for him to get out alive or have all of you go inside is a question of preference, really, but consider it carefully; it'll have a great impact on your options avaliable.
"Now, depending on whether you're heading for the vault or not, you may need a spell or two to deal with the guards stationed there, but I'll leave that at your discretion. Don't, for any reason enter room E4 - the common room - I'll make sure to stay there at the time of the break-in to keep my alibi."

"That's what I could think of, off-hand. Now, I believe, it's your turn."

Scribbler

First Post
"Say, as a hypothetical situation, that a large monster of some kind was to appear in the front, where the customers were, and start smashing things with no apparent rhyme or reason. This would attract the attention of most of the guards in the place, would it not?"

Last edited:

Need_A_Life

First Post
The gnome nearly gags on his piece of cake at Merediths statement, "I guess," he coughes, "But... don't you think there's a way that doesn't implicate me in planned mass-slaughter?" the gnome looks quite shocked.

Victor betrays no emotion, as far as any of you can tell, maintaining a face of indifferent attention.

Scribbler

First Post
"I assure you that there would be no casualties, and minimal actual damage. My suggestion is merely for a distraction. If the monster is unpredictable, people won't know that it's harmless."

Zurai

First Post
Finn shrugs. "I have some ... abilities, shall we say ... that can be useful when I need to remain unseen." As he speaks, wispy shadows stretch from their resting places on the floor and begin to curl around him, as if they were some sort of vine or creeper entwining around an oak. "I can also get out of some tight spots, but I have to be able to see where I'm going. I can't get out of a locked vault, for instance." He shrugs, then continues, "I'm probably the most mobile of us, and I'm pretty experienced at getting in and out of places without being detected. Never someplace as heavily guarded and warded as a House Kundarak vault, though."

When he finishes speaking, the shadows quickly retreat to their usual resting places.

[sblock=OOC]Child of Shadow stance, for the record.[/sblock]

mcnathan80

First Post
To Meredith:
"I like that idea, what if we have Frundor and Olot "rise up" and defeat this "horrible" beast becoming heroes and further tying up the guards with a lengthy report of the incident while Finn, myself, and Meredith sneak in through the upstairs window and make our way to the vault, I can charm a limited number of guards that we may encounter on the way. What do you think of that for a plan?" Hashkavak says looking at the group.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Such a feat can be done, all I ask is that you get me out of jail. If things go the way I imagine, that is surely where I will end up. Even Olot can see the confusion cross their face, You will understand eventually. I have not been a priest since I have entered this town. I do not fear death, but do not wish to rush to it. Simply promise to get me out of the prison.

Scribbler

First Post
"Having the 'heroes' on our side may help. I wouldn't feel as bad about hitting them as I would about innocent guards, since they'd be in on it. I'd have to be in the front room myself, though. They dissipate if I go too far."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Frundor exchange some looks with Olot, and then he speaks. "I am not stealthy ethier, and the only way I can find to open a lock or the door that imprisons me is reducing it to dust. And I find, as Olot does, the idea of been a hero, most unlikely. You see... a warlock manipulating fiendish energies, and a towering half orc with a blood stained great axe, are no the images anyone have of heroes"

Remove ads