Fantasy Grounds Unity KS Announced

Happy that this is doing well, but I hope it does even better. This is both a good and a bad way to get into Fantasy Grounds. Good in that you get the newer software at a good price. Bad in that it will be a beta test for a while and you don’t get the old program if you are buying a license for the first time.

The existing program works quite well as a VTT but has hit its limits for graphics and the networking code was running into more and more issues as ISP’s started aggregating IP addresses.

I really do not understand the earlier claims about the expense. The upgrade pricing seems quite reasonable. The program itself comes with a lot of ruleset and content that comes with the license. For 5e D&D you get the automated rules and the SRD content. The program allows you to enter the rules text, so you get most of the monsters and spells and the SRD level classes. You can add all the sub-classes if you want and the ruleset recognizes the PHB wording and will automate it. I just bought the books to save myself time but there are other options.

Mageman

Explorer
Nice I back it and I'm excited waiting for December now.
f6da3a6c6972065b271ef7c6a6b4f359.jpg

Remove ads