Farscape Returns!!

horacethegrey

First Post
I'd rather they come up with a full series again. Short webisodes don't do anything for me. Stupid SciFi Channel and their cancelling what was one of the best scifi shows ever. :mad:

James Heard

Explorer
Eh, I didn't care for it...but I appreciated the cast of Farscape better when they were on their own show than when they decided to get themselves cast as the replacement SG-1.

horacethegrey

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
Yes it was, wish more people knew that when it was on. :(
At the time, Farscape was leaps and bounds better than any scifi show that was on. I followed it almost religiously every week. It was far more daring and bold than any of the Star Trek series on at the time. And it was hell of a lot more enjoyable than those dreary series Space Above and Beyond and The X-Files.

James Beard said:
Eh, I didn't care for it...but I appreciated the cast of Farscape better when they were on their own show than when they decided to get themselves cast as the replacement SG-1.
Nothing against SG-1, but it couldn't touch Farscape in terms of the writing or the sheer imagination. Though I'm glad that show gave Ben Browder and Claudia Black some work after their show was canceled.

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
I liked Farscape. I never did understand fully why Sci-Fi suddenly decided to cancel. I thought it was one of their more popular shows. Can someone please explain what happened?

ThirdWizard

First Post
Rl'Halsinor said:
I liked Farscape. I never did understand fully why Sci-Fi suddenly decided to cancel. I thought it was one of their more popular shows. Can someone please explain what happened?

I always heard it was canceled due to a constantly growing budget, but that could just be rumors.

Felon

First Post
horacethegrey said:
I'd rather they come up with a full series again. Short webisodes don't do anything for me. Stupid SciFi Channel and their cancelling what was one of the best scifi shows ever. :mad:
Loved this show madly and deeply. There are basically two types of space-themed sci-fi shows: one that's about outlaws and misfits (Farscape, Blake's 7, Firefly) and one that's about militant characters in rigid chains of command (Star Trek, B5, SG-1, BSG). I'm often amazed at how heavily the sci-fi fanbase leans towards the latter. I would love to see an "outlaw" sci-fi show that actually succeeded in telling its full story.

Last edited:

Remove ads