• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite and Least Favorite 4th Edition Elements

Driddle

First Post
CleverNickName said:
Least Favorite: The thing I really, really do not like about 4th Edition is the overwhelming emphasis on demons. We have demon-flavored races, demon-flavored classes, demon-powered spells and abilities...and we haven't even got to the Monster Manual yet. What if my game world doesn't have demons in it?

Actually, it's been reported (somewhere, I think) that the demon thing was a typo. It was supposed to be LEMON-flavored. 4th edition is 100 percent more citrusy than the previous editions.

fuindordm

Adventurer
Sorry, I can't bring myself to choose.

FAVORITES:
  • Talent trees make the class system more fun and improve multiclassing too.
  • Resource management for everyone makes for more interesting play.
  • They fey finally have a plane of their own and a strong role in the implied setting.

DISAPPOINTMENTS:
  • Demons really aren't that cool, and neither are elves.
  • No druids in PH1.
  • Gleemax. Did anyone think about usability testing that monster?

Odysseus

Explorer
Pro Has got to be resource management, in which I include the christmas tree effect, and the 15 minute day.

Cons . A little difficult to say at this stage. There might be retraining rules, which I absolutely ***** Hate. But as yet the magic system is a big unknown , so that could be another possibility. The points of light stuff and the changes to FR, are also changes I don't like. And then the thing thats starting to annoy me is the constant use of "It ROCKS" to describe how good everything is.

Gundark

Explorer
Like the most: Faster play (and hopefully faster prep time).

Like the least: I didn't like the "fantasy super hero" element of high level 3e, looks like 4e isn't going to change this.

Remove ads