D&D (2024) Fighter brainstorm

oh wow, a whole 24 monsters, out of...3258. nice.
I guess if you have a dungeon with only 13 monsters and they are all resisitant to 1 type of damage but they switch up... that would reward fighters switching weapons.

the HEX BLADE the BLADESINGER the WAR CLERIC all do the same and have x level spells where x is equal tot half your level.

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
The only monsters that'll really have vulnerabilities to physical damage consistently are skeletons. It's good to keep a blunt weapon in arm's reach since they're quite common, but it's hardly a big design advantage for characters with a lot of weapon proficiencies.

Edit: Biggest advantage would probably be that if a magic weapon is rolled randomly, you'll definitely have the proficiency, so you can't end up having to use a nonmagical one no matter what.

also the blade singer still has all simple weapons (so can still trade out slash peirc or blunt the hex blade and they can also choose 1 martial weapon... but the war cleric the ranger and the paliden all have all the weapons too

I don't find the weapon switching point compelling as a fighter feature given that every class has access to weapon switching and many also have access to energy types switching, including cantrips that deal the same damage types.
my blade singer having a cantrip that adds fire and one that adds thunder to my melee attacks is insane... that I will be able to do that and get an extra attack soon is gonzo...

While I am very much looking forward to the weapon-specific options that WotC is hinting at, these typically lead to further weapon-specific specialization, so I expect weapon switching to be harder to defend.
As long as it's an opt in system I am all for it.

It's why I want an exploit system like 4e had. You can have an anime over the top flavor exploits next to a grounded martial exploit next to 2-4 weapon specific ones and give the player a chose. Use the old utility powers BUT ttake out 99.9% of the combat stuff look at the skill utilities instead look forr exploration travel social and such martial abilities

Gorck

Prince of Dorkness
Likely no, but what really changes? Wow, I do 2d6 slashing instead of 1d12 slashing. My Fighter's paradigm is blown, man!
I think you missed the "magic" part of question. If you usually wield a normal greataxe and find a magical greatsword . . .

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases