D&D 5E Fix 5e.... in one sentence

HammerMan

Legend
''A long rest is a period of extended downtime in an hospitable, safe haven place such as a inn or a calm meadow, at least 8 hours long, during which a character sleeps for at least 6 hours and performs no more than 2 hours of light activity.''
I have been using a similar rule for a few years but I include it must also include a nourishing meal and access to liquids

HammerMan

Legend
Okay mine:

All melee attacks use the better of your Str or Dex, and all ranged attacks use the better of your Dex or Wis modifier to hit and damage.

(NOTE: I did not say weapon attack, this makes all ranged spell attacks change too)

I like it - though you're going to have some joker weilding a quarterstaff/longsword combo (taking a 1st level fighter with the two-weapon fighting style so it's all "legal") and insisting on 3 attacks per round.
Can't you already do that now with an Action and a Bonus Action instead of just an Action? You just need the DW feat and Extra Attack.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Can't you already do that now with an Action and a Bonus Action instead of just an Action? You just need the DW feat and Extra Attack.

Not at 1st-4th level.

Variant Human with polearm master - gets an extra 1d4 attack as a bonus action. Any other race can do it at 4+. So if the TWF attack is not a bonus action - they don't conflict and the PC gets ANOTHER extra attack.

Not at 1st-4th level.

Variant Human with polearm master - gets an extra 1d4 attack as a bonus action. Any other race can do it at 4+. So if the TWF attack is not a bonus action - they don't conflict and the PC gets ANOTHER extra attack.
If this really concerns anyone, just make the bonus action attack from PAM require using the weapon two-handed. This technically still allow an additional attack if you drop the sword, but that's not an every-turn option.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
If this really concerns anyone, just make the bonus action attack from PAM require using the weapon two-handed. This technically still allow an additional attack if you drop the sword, but that's not an every-turn option.

It wasn't really a concern, I was just pointing out there's always SOMEONE who looks for the loophole exploit.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Also, not sure how many sentences need to be fixed, but its probably just one:

Dual-wield and martial arts (monk) does not require a BA for their 2nd attack.

Remove a little pressure on that damned Bonus Action!

Remove ads