D&D 5E Fix 5e.... in one sentence

Also, not sure how many sentences need to be fixed, but its probably just one:

Dual-wield and martial arts (monk) does not require a BA for their 2nd attack.

Remove a little pressure on that damned Bonus Action!
It's a simple fix, but requires a couple of follow-up edits to prevent silly interactions (like dual-wielding quarterstaffs to get 5 attacks at level 4). They're all pretty obvious, though, if you skim the PHB.

I know it’s not a rule, but we can use :
improving accuracy instead of bound accuracy,
because in game experience as we level, our character succeed hitting and DC more and more often!

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I know it’s not a rule, but we can use :
improving accuracy instead of bound accuracy,
because in game experience as we level, our character succeed hitting and DC more and more often!
Have you noticed the chance of a fighter not hitting in a round gets really really really low when they can attack 4 times on their turn oncourse that doesn't help for skills and simar things which really does need helped so its still not entirely a bad point.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
It's a simple fix, but requires a couple of follow-up edits to prevent silly interactions (like dual-wielding quarterstaffs to get 5 attacks at level 4). They're all pretty obvious, though, if you skim the PHB.
Yeah, we dont use feats so PAM combos and such are not much of a problem for us...and my players are pretty casual; I'm pretty sure none of them knows quarterstaff arent two-handed. :p

Have you noticed the chance of a fighter not hitting in a round gets really really really low when they can attack 4 times on their turn oncourse that doesn't help for skills and simar things which really does need helped so its still not entirely a bad point.
Hitting more often is a good thing, but the term used tend to tell otherwise! So we should correct that.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Hitting more often is a good thing, but the term used tend to tell otherwise! So we should correct that.
I think the actual bounded aspect of the mechanics only have a negative impact on attributes checks and skillful actions because they do not have proper expansion of the target. For instance if your intimidate only affects n^2 levels based on your level or something similar then having that plus 6 would be gravy instead of all there is.

I think the actual bounded aspect of the mechanics only have a negative impact on attributes checks and skillful actions because they do not have proper expansion of the target. For instance if your intimidate only affects n^2 levels based on your level or something similar then having that plus 6 would be gravy instead of all there is.
I know the mere +6 improvement that we roughly got in 5ed look very bound,
especially if we compare it to the +n given in older edition.
But in game real situation, in 4ed, rolling under 10 for a check or a hit was usually a miss. Having +10, +20, +30 or even +40, you roll a 6. Too bad.

In 5ed rolling a 6, past a certain level, may often lead to a success. Honestly I got more impression of improvement in 5ed than any older past edition. At last I feel the improvement of accuracy in 5ed.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I know the mere +6 improvement that we roughly got in 5ed look very bound,
especially if we compare it to the +n given in older edition.
But in game real situation, in 4ed, rolling under 10 for a check or a hit was usually a miss.
Target the exact same things you used to target? how bloody boring. I mean once in a while a roflstomp is fine.

Remove ads