Flight of the Resistance (Star Wars)

xynthoros

First Post
In 5eF we have had 6 dark side and 0 light side... It looks like we have already fallen to the dark side, this does not bode well for the near future, we are already outmanned and outgunned...

Quickleaf

Legend
In 5eF we have had 6 dark side and 0 light side... It looks like we have already fallen to the dark side, this does not bode well for the near future, we are already outmanned and outgunned...

Yikes! Well, from the darkness comes the dawn...

Here are the specs on the walker:

AT-FRC Force Reconnaissance Walker

Blending features of the AT-RT of the Clone Wars and Imperial AT-STs, the Force Reconnaissance Walker features a sleek lightly armored body giving the walker a small silhouette and allowing it to better utilize cover. The original manufacturer was Kuat Drive Yards, but whether they are the current manufacturers for the First Order is unknown. Two crew members sit in tandem, the driver/gunner in the higher rear seat and the RSO (reconnaissance system operator) in the lower forward seat. In an emergency, piloting/weapons controls can be forwarded to the RSO. A transparisteel bubble canopy provides excellent visibility with few blind spots.

The AT-FRC is outfitted with a sophisticated recon sensor suite, Fabritech's LongView-341 A, and a high-powered encrypted comms system, which allow the crew to gather and transmit intel quickly and securely. The sensor suite includes photosensors, energy and sound sensors, pressure detectors, and seismic sensors; an encrypted recording device compresses telemetry into small data packets for easy transmission to base, starship, or troopers.

Additionally, the AT-FRC is outfitted with a sound-baffling system to muffle the noise of its engine and drive servos, a thermal/EMP dampening system that hides the walker's emissions, and a variable optical camouflage system that actively blends the walker in with its surroundings.

BASIC GAME FEATURES
Silhouette: 2
Speed: 2
Handling: +1
Defenses: Fore 0 / Port - / Starboard - / Aft 0
Armor: 2
Hit Threshold: 5
System Strain Threshold: 8

IN-GAME SPECS
Vehicle Type/Model: Walker/AT-FRC
Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards
Sensor Range: Medium (50 km)
Crew: One driver/gunner, and one reconnaissance systems operator
Clearance Height: 6 meters
Encumbrance Capacity: 5
Passenger Capacity: 0
Price/Rarity: 75,000 credits / 8
Customization Hard Points: 1

Weapons: Forward-mounted auto-blaster (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 3; Critical 5; Range [Close]; Auto-fire)
Forward-mounted concussion grenade launcher - uses personal scale, not planetary scale (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 10; Critical 4; Range [Extreme]; Blast 8, Breach 1, Limited Ammo 20).

ADDITIONAL SPECS
Sound-Dampening Camouflage System: Thanks to active and passive stealth systems, skill tests made to detect the AT-FRC upgrade the Difficulty once (one purple Difficulty die becomes a red Challenge die).
Left Limb Servo in need of servicing

Last edited:

xynthoros

First Post
Quick questions:
If we captured first order helmets, could i transmit my scanner data to the team after modifying them a bit?

Does there appear to be any type of ground access to the AT-FRC while it is in operation?

Lastly, this isn't really a question, but just wanted to make sure to point out that Rex just taunted the other technician over comms.

Quickleaf

Legend
Quick questions:
If we captured intact first order helmets, could i transmit my scanner data to the team after modifying them a bit?

Fixed that for you ;) It's definitely something that would fit in Rex's wheelhouse... I'm open to it... might need to find an NPC to help or get some sort of "master-slave" chip installed in Rex that enables sensor data transmission.

Does there appear to be any type of ground access to the AT-FRC while it is in operation?

No, there is no ground access.

Lastly, this isn't really a question, but just wanted to make sure to point out that Rex just taunted the other technician over comms.

Oooo, I see... "amateur technician"... Haha. Well, I'll give others a chance to catch up and post, but there may be a bit of verbal sparring with the sensor technician.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
That's...an excellent question...

Option 1. Let me check the books today and see what they say about slicing sensors remotely through comms. This one is a big question mark for me.

EDIT: My instinct is that we could interpret it as Rex is already "in" their comm system, and that he drops some kind of data packet spam-mail "bomb" which disables the ability of the walker to share its sensor data. So it wouldn't destroy the walker's sensors, just the ability to transmit to the other stormtroopers. Because the data surge could overload Rex's own sensors, he has to disconnect from the First Order comms in order to do it, losing the ability to listen in. Does that sound like what you're wanting to do?

Option 2. That's definitely something you can attempt with your comm jammer.

Option 3. Utterly insane isn't always bad.

I haven't read the detailed slicer rules in the Technician splatbook yet, but I believe you need to have physical access to a system to slice it. There's no "wireless" in Star Wars. Jamming is simply putting out a bunch of noise so signals can't be read/located.

Remove ads