• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fly like an Arrow?

JiCi

First Post
Not only did one of my players intend to use it in my game, but I keep hearing the name of this spell for stuff like "Record-breaking fly speed" optimization. What does it do? Can someone give me the exact description of this spell?

Thanks in advance,

JiCi

Dross

Explorer
Not only did one of my players intend to use it in my game, but I keep hearing the name of this spell for stuff like "Record-breaking fly speed" optimization. What does it do? Can someone give me the exact description of this spell?

JiCi

Never heard of it. Ask the player for the book (or other source) that it is from.

I find that it is a good rule for the player to provide the source and a copy of anything that they wise to use. This allows you to adjudicate what you get brought into the game.

The un-good way to handle it is:
Material component: bow and user large enough to wield it.
Target: Ranged attack
Effect: the only way to stop is to hit something, taking damage as if falling, plus STR bonuses. Feather Fall and similar spells negate damage, but only allow 1ft of movement.
:eek:

Rhun

First Post
I've never heard of this spell. I agree with Dross, get the player to provide the source, and then rule on whether you allow it or not. As the DM, it is your job to ensure things like this are balanced before allowing them in your game.

Remove ads