• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Folks that like 4e] What are some things from previous editions that you miss?

Falstyr

First Post
Realized last night...there aren't proper poisons. Guess it is time to use the few poisons out there as templates and start an attempt at converting the Drow Poison Guide from previous editions ;)

What I also miss is that monsters buff up before a fight with their flavorful buff elixirs. Sure you can use Adventure Vault alchemical elixirs to put an extra effect on weapons or give opponents wondrous figurines to summon additional help...but where are the buffs like bulls strength, temporal invisibility etc?

Those are usually listed as skills the monsters can use. So once more...I miss some fluff/flavor in 4e.

amysrevenge

First Post
I have yet to meet a player who had a Cleric "that out fights the fighter" that gets commented on so much online.

I did it twice, myself. Once accidentally with a Druid (accidentally as in I had planned to be more of a controller-type Druid when I envisioned the character, but through both RP and mechanical experience I found the melee path worked better) and once deliberately with a Cleric.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads