D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

flwad

Explorer
My character tends to buy lots of potentially useful things for every scenario, and recently went wild with a bunch of potions. I'm now out of room on the "Possessions on Persion" area. But I have lots of room in "Possessions not on Person" area. So, what's the "right way" of adding rows to the top portion and removing them from the lower portion?

I'm afraid to mess with the spreadsheet, so I figure that I'll ask first...

There is no way to move slots within the sheet. I suggest you look through my earlier posts. They contain info on copying CSII and some info on a formula for calculating sheet totals and adding them back to the CSII total.

flwad

Explorer
COMPLAINT: When I print the sheets to my black-and-white laser printer, because of the stippling done to attempt to match color, the blue color of the magic items in the inventory prints in such a way as to being very hard to read. I tried messing with the printer settings, but wasn't able to make it behave better. We can't mess with the character formatting, so is there any decent solution?

If you want the rest to print in color, use the cell immediately following the name to change the rarity to common (black). If you can live with b&w, either set the parameters on your printer to print b&w, or alternatively, print to a b&w PDF then print.

Scout-James

First Post
There is a weird problem with the deities that are repeated in the Forgotten Realms Pantheon and the other Pantheons from the Sword Coast Guide. Even though some of the descriptions have changed, and the Arcana Domain has been added to some, the spreadsheet only recognizes the first occurrence of the deity and ignores the second occurrence. This means that many of the deities have incorrect information if you actually want the one from the SCAG.

I don't know if there is any easy way to fix this one, sorry.

Last edited:

Scout-James

First Post
I don't know if anyone else has requested this one, but would it be possible to add a language section on the Custom Tab? I would like to be able to add custom languages and script. Currently, I can only see how to enter in an over-ride on the Start page for the spoken language, but not the Script.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Anvil,

I am not sure if this has been addressed or not but here goes. The "Produce Flame" cantrip is exclusive to the druid class, but when creating a spellcaster other than a druid the "Produce Flame" cantrip is available. Just thought I bring this to your attention.

Scout-James

First Post
Anvil,

I am not sure if this has been addressed or not but here goes. The "Produce Flame" cantrip is exclusive to the druid class, but when creating a spellcaster other than a druid the "Produce Flame" cantrip is available. Just thought I bring this to your attention.

Arghhh!! I hadn't noticed this in the book and was just making characters from the sheet and came up with a great character with "Produce Flame" as his only offensive power - problem now is that he was a Wizard and you're right - that one isn't in the Wizard Cantrip list.

;/

mattcolville

Adventurer
I've relied on this sheet now for over a year, across more than 12 players, and I've never had any complaint. It's amazing!

I post now only because I have a request, and that's just a note that shows what the published source of a spell is. It's ok if it's just in the spell-lookup area, but right now my players are asking me "where does this spell come from?" And I have no idea.

I love this program, but I just noticed something. When you select the Urban Bounty Hunter background, the program allows you to select a Criminal Specialty. I know that the Urban Bounty Hunter is based on the Criminal background, but I don't think this is one of the features that carries over.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Anvil,

Thanks for the feedback. Bug found, it was originating from the Genasi race. fixed in the next version:)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I love this program, but I just noticed something. When you select the Urban Bounty Hunter background, the program allows you to select a Criminal Specialty. I know that the Urban Bounty Hunter is based on the Criminal background, but I don't think this is one of the features that carries over.

Fair point, I must admit it was a copy paste job from the Criminal details :)

Remove ads