• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I've relied on this sheet now for over a year, across more than 12 players, and I've never had any complaint. It's amazing!

I post now only because I have a request, and that's just a note that shows what the published source of a spell is. It's ok if it's just in the spell-lookup area, but right now my players are asking me "where does this spell come from?" And I have no idea.

On the CSIII the source and page number is shown in the last column. PH, EE, SCAG. with page number. I might add this also to the Spellcasting sheet to make it clearer

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Version 2.00 will be the next release!

Hello fans of ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator!

It's been awhile between updates so thought I'd keep you in the loop with what's happening. The next release will be 2.00!

I've been very busy with work (which requires a fair bit of international travel) for the last few months and that's taken time away from development work. However things are moving along nicely. The majority of the work has gone into the new CSI design for version 2.00 and there has been a significant upgrade involved with that as well as automation. Thanks to Rob Martin who helped put together some details on the active feature set for implementation (I'm still working implementation buddy)

CSII and CSIV are the next iterations for the design as some elements have move off CSI (e.g. coinage and carrying capacity) and move to other sheets (e.g. CSII for those examples). Once I'm happy with v2.00 it will be released, targeting end of March at this stage, this pretty much coincides with the 1 year anniversary of the original release of the tool.

I've appreciated all the comments, bugs, corrections, ideas etc. as well as your patience between these releases. A big thanks for those who have donated to the beer fund - certainly helped with moving things forward.

Once 2.00 is released you, the user, the DM, the Player will have complete design control over the layout of all CSI through CSV (working on wildshape still). So you can design and play with the "Character Sheet" worksheets however you like. You'll be able to see all variables used to design all the existing 2.00 "Character Sheet" worksheets and customise as you see fit - want bigger text, no problem! want A5, also no problem! want other stuff shown on CSI... well you design it, no problem! If you just love the current 2.00 design then also no problem! Should be a lot of fun for everyone who plays D&D, and it'd be great to see everyones work posted here to share with the community. Anyways, plenty of awesomeness to be had and will probably be the most awesome character generator on the planet for D&D 5e :) why, because you designed it!

See below for the original v1.00 CS1 vs v2.00 CSI, a lot has changed! Crazy...

By the way the it looks like the voting up is working again, so take a moment and rate my character generatorif you like it, thank you!

V1.00 vs v2.00.png

Ravi

Explorer
Hi,

I think that the calculation of "spell caster level" for a paladin is not correct. It looks like the formula being used is character level + CHA modifier. I think it is supposed to be 1/2 * character level + CHA modifier.

I have a 6th level Paladin with too many prepared slots. His CHA is 16. He has known/prepared listed as 10 and I think it should show 6.

Only full casters get to add their full class, iirc.

Thanks,
John

I love your generator! A beer has been sent your way!!!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hi,

I think that the calculation of "spell caster level" for a paladin is not correct. It looks like the formula being used is character level + CHA modifier. I think it is supposed to be 1/2 * character level + CHA modifier.

I have a 6th level Paladin with too many prepared slots. His CHA is 16. He has known/prepared listed as 10 and I think it should show 6.

Only full casters get to add their full class, iirc.

Thanks,
John

I love your generator! A beer has been sent your way!!!

Hi Ravi, the prepared spells include the paladins oath spells which are always prepared :)

Hrrunstar

Explorer
Thank you for the best character sheet I have ever had the pleasure of using and for the constant work you are putting into this. I like the design aesthetic for 2.0 and I did not think I would have anything to really add until I used it, but... ;)

The SAVING THROW line while all in caps, I think needs to stand out more. It should stand out very obviously, maybe boxed, or colored, or background color. It is often enough used that your eye should just pick it out easily.

Scout-James

First Post
Forge - Not sure if this is included in the 2.0 sheet, but from all the posts earlier about equipment, it might be.

It would be nice to have a separate equipment section (an exact copy of the "Possession Not On Person" section already on CSII) that would be for items in backpacks. This allows a simple tally of the weight in the backpack and a single number entry in the carried equipment section. Then a single "0" entry if the backpack is dropped for combat or whatever reason.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Forge - Not sure if this is included in the 2.0 sheet, but from all the posts earlier about equipment, it might be.

It would be nice to have a separate equipment section (an exact copy of the "Possession Not On Person" section already on CSII) that would be for items in backpacks. This allows a simple tally of the weight in the backpack and a single number entry in the carried equipment section. Then a single "0" entry if the backpack is dropped for combat or whatever reason.

Thanks for the feedback. The backpack / heward haversack / portable hole etc. I'm looking a a neat and simple way to manage this in the equipment section. should work rather well I suspect and meets these requirements. you may see it in v2.00 or a later version ;)

Scout-James

First Post
I don't have the Elemental book, so it may just come from there, but I've noticed that there are a lot of weapons that have the "underwater" tag on them. Can anyone tell me for sure why and where it comes from?

Remove ads