• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Forge - I think that the font size has been mentioned before, but I am putting in an animal companion other than what you have in the sheet, and the Attack description on CSIV is not shrinking the font size, so part of the text is not showing. Is the font size going to be automatic, or easily adjusted by those of us with poor Excel skills in 2.0?

Fair comment, I've got ideas on moving the animal companion from CSIV and have a better design for multiple companion/mount/familiar on a separate sheet

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Anvil,

Not sure if it because of my lack of knowledge of the feral tiefling, but I was thinking about building a feral tiefling wizard but when you select mage armor in the armor and shield section of the start tab, it states that it is "not proficient" with that armor type. How can that be if mage armor is a spell? Am I missing something?

Danny

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Anvil,

Not sure if it because of my lack of knowledge of the feral tiefling, but I was thinking about building a feral tiefling wizard but when you select mage armor in the armor and shield section of the start tab, it states that it is "not proficient" with that armor type. How can that be if mage armor is a spell? Am I missing something?

Danny

Thanks for the feedback Danny. Bug found when selecting Feral Tiefling, fixed in next version. For now just override the proficiency ;)

Kiax

Villager
Here is one for you, warlock 5 and wizard 1. With pact weapon. How do I get the DC correct?

The sheet ia still the best available, btw. Thanks!

tkstargazer

Explorer
With regards to your utility that upgrades a character from one version of your Excel generator to the next, what do you do about worksheet tabs that you did not expect to be there?

Is there any chance you could opt to copy over worksheets that you did not expect? That way, if a player has added additional log sheet pages or other sorts of pages, the data entered there would also be in the next version of their character?

Thanks.

jessevsm

First Post
Don't know if anyone's mentioned this previously, but will there ever be an availability to create custom classes in future versions? I've recently been involved with some homebrew games and have had difficulty adapting the sheet to fit such a game. That's one of the few custom things I just can't seem to get around at the moment. Though I can appreciate the custom sub-classes added.

rhombism

Villager
I don't know what you are trying to do with the custom class, but you do have the ability to rename the class level on the Start sheet bottom of section 2, so you could pick the class the best fits your custom class in terms of hit dice, spell ability, etc. Then create a custom subclass with the details you want to change.

Scout-James

First Post
Anvil - another one I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but with 1.64 when I enter a custom familier or animal companion on Spellcasting, the Type (beast, fey, etc) is not being carried forward to CSIV. I didn't notice this before, so don't know if this is a new one or something carried over from earlier sheets.

In addition, I noticed that the actual Animal (Wolf, Cat, Frog, etc) is not specifically listed. That would be another good one to add.

Last edited:

Remove ads