D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Also the only real issue I can see happening with the auto-calculation weight and container weight is that stuff like Bag of Holding, Portable Hole, Handy Haversack that can hole X amount of weight and still stay the same weight that they are it might cause a few bugs (ie items placed in Bag Of Holding are still being calculated in the weight when they shouldn't be). As far as I can think of right now there is no real way around that without VBA, Macros, and/or just clearing the cell that is containing the weight of said item after
it's added.

You could use a sumif in the weight cell for the Bag of Holding on the location and have that as a negative number then add the actual weight of the bag of holding. Something like, =-SUMIFS(ItemWeightsAbove,ItemLocationsAbove="Bag of Holding", ItemWeightsBelow,ItemLocationsBelow="Bag of Holding",)+WeightofBagofHolding)

You enter weights as normal for all items but Bag of Holding will end up a negative number to offset those items in the bag.

TwistedFaith

Explorer
You could use a sumif in the weight cell for the Bag of Holding on the location and have that as a negative number then add the actual weight of the bag of holding. Something like, =-SUMIFS(ItemWeightsAbove,ItemLocationsAbove="Bag of Holding", ItemWeightsBelow,ItemLocationsBelow="Bag of Holding",)+WeightofBagofHolding)

You enter weights as normal for all items but Bag of Holding will end up a negative number to offset those items in the bag.
True or you can do an sumif in the total weight. Something like, =SUMIF(ItemLocation=OR(BagOfHolding,HandyHaversack),0,ItemWeight)
Then you would only need the 1 formula instead of 1 per Weight cell.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
True or you can do an sumif in the total weight. Something like, =SUMIF(ItemLocation=OR(BagOfHolding,HandyHaversack),0,ItemWeight)
Then you would only need the 1 formula instead of 1 per Weight cell.

Yep, also works. Was thinking of users right now can do this but I'll look to do this in v1.56 once locations are sorted.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Another request. This one will probably have to be a Macro though. Is there a way you can have like a source selection on the main page so that people who are restricted to only the 3 core books can "switch off" everything from EE. That way we don't see something from EE that we like and want to use and cant cause our DM/GM is restriction us to core only.

This one is a little more challenging, at the moment we have PH, EE, DMG and MM official sources. EE being available as a free download. Should be easy for the DM to rule on these.

I'll be implementing official stuff in the tool, let's see how much content is released over time.

TwistedFaith

Explorer
This one is a little more challenging, at the moment we have PH, EE, DMG and MM official sources. EE being available as a free download. Should be easy for the DM to rule on these.

I'll be implementing official stuff in the tool, let's see how much content is released over time.
OK sounds good. I'll just have my DM take a look at EE and see what he says.

Ansnom

First Post
Is it possible to copy the race/class/feat box from the start or character summary pages? I'd like to copy them to a word file and print them out.

munkee83

First Post
invocation question

How does one make the Book of Ancient Secrets work? I select it as an invocation but I don't see a place for those newly available rituals.

Last edited:

lexlitner

Villager
It would be awesome to have the generator populate a standard D&D character sheet. I love the detailed one but a one page is great for some folks. I have used the summary sheet but then need to print traits and flaws and equipment on back.

Also, i really hope everyone is hitting the buymeabeer button. This looks like a $h!#ton of work! lol. Thanks!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
How does one make the Book of Ancient Secrets work? I select it as an invocation but I don't see a place for those newly available rituals.

v1.56 (work in progress) has a solution for this, though you will need to understand what spells are ritual. You can also do this in v1.55 but you'll have lots of blank spaces between spell levels.

ForgedAnvil said:
Basically can you add a section in the spell casting sheet that is just for Book Of Ancient Secrets Eldritch Invocation for the Rituals Spells.
It could be like 5 Columns across by 6 Rows down. that way you don't have 30 rows down (there are only 30 spells that have the Ritual tag) to choose your Ritual spells for you Book Of Shadows.

If you do decide to do this the only other thing I would ask for is to have the casting time be properly adjusted for being set as a ritual (ie if it's less then 10 mins add 10 mins to the casting time and if they are longer then 10 mins the casting time stay the same (IIRC that how it works for Warlock with BoAS))

You're right, there are only a few ritual spells. It's a lot of work for only being able to select a few spells specifically for one subclass. It's probably just as easy to list all the ritual spells in notepad and select the ones you want from there and enter them into the tool in what ever order you like.

With the new filter option you rename the Level 6 spells as Book of Ancient Secrets in the Spellcasting sheet and then fill in your ritual spells in the level 6 section (25 spells). Once filtered you only see selected spells.

Something like

Book of Ancient Secrets.png

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
It would be awesome to have the generator populate a standard D&D character sheet. I love the detailed one but a one page is great for some folks. I have used the summary sheet but then need to print traits and flaws and equipment on back.

Also, i really hope everyone is hitting the buymeabeer button. This looks like a $h!#ton of work! lol. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, a fair bit of works goes into the tool to make it work well (a lot of design thought, testing, and debugging)

You can if you like design your own sheet:

1. Add a new sheet to the existing ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator OR copy a predesigned character sheet from and existing Excel file (removing the links to the other file is there are any)
  2. Begin designing and linking your own sheet
    1. There are many variables within the sheet that can be used, the list can be found under the Ribbon Menu under Formulas > Name Manager
    2. For example if you want to show
      1. Hit points =HitPoints
      2. Armor Class =ArmorClass
      3. Strength =STR
      4. Strength Modifier =STRMod
      5. etc.
  3. Once the custom sheet is designed, you can:
  4. Copy it to other ForgedAnvil characters
  5. Copy it to an updated version
  6. NOTE: when copying you will need to ensure the file links are correct by using find and replace [old workbook name] with [new workbook name]

If you want to try this, recommend to start on v1.56 when it is released. You can post your designs here in the forum

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases