D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ShadowO

First Post
Moving Forward
What I didn't anticipate is google limiting BCC recipients to 25 per message and 200/day. That wasn't a problem initially but now the list is up to 363 users and I do the distro emails myself. As the list gets bigger, I will eventually abandon the task. Don't worry though. I'll continue to update the canned response to include the most up to date links and I'm sure Forge's minions will continue to provide notifications when a new version is available. The canned response is set up to only fire off if the sender hasn't received it in the last 4 days so checking everyday for updates isn't going to accomplish anything. Just watch this forum for updates and then send your emails when needed.

Is there anyway to set up an actual distribution list in gmail? If so, can you just put everyone in the distro and just call that distro in the BCC?

My Account

First Post
Is there anyway to set up an actual distribution list in gmail? If so, can you just put everyone in the distro and just call that distro in the BCC?

Gmail rejects outgoing emails with greater than 25 BCC recipients. Using distribution lists in gmail doesn't circumvent this. I've had to create dozens of lists of 25 users each. I could use MailChimp to easily handle the outgoing emails but mailchimp wants a bit too much personal info for my preferences. Ironically, it is anti-spam laws that are preventing sending emails to recipients who want them, meanwhile actual spam never ends.

My Account

First Post

Well actually... since I decided to do this instead of my paying job today...
I just wrote a script that should send out an individual email to each contact on the list as a separate message. Testing with dummy emails appears to be working. I'll do a bit more testing while we all wait for the next version to be ready.

ShadowO

First Post
Well actually... since I decided to do this instead of my paying job today...
I just wrote a script that should send out an individual email to each contact on the list as a separate message. Testing with dummy emails appears to be working. I'll do a bit more testing while we all wait for the next version to be ready.

Unfortunately, I think you're still going to be limited to how many you can send out per day however.
500 for general Gmail, and 2000 if paying for G-Suite

Gplant

First Post
First of all, I love this character sheet! I ended up buying the books so I can rationalize using this sheet. By far the best out there, including the official ones!

I do have a couple of things. As far as Beta4 is concerned, I built an Eladrin Rogue and noticed a that Fey Step needs to be added to Active Features area. Also, is there some way to note what season the character is in and the corresponding cantrip?

Some general, but minor, asks:

Initial Caps throughout. Mostly noticed when describing weapons and armor as well as the items in the inventory drop downs but the "s" in Cast a Spell in Actions is lower case while the "O" in Use an Object in the next column over is capitalized.

Another sheet for managing inventory items in a bag(s) of holding or being carried a mount would be nice.

Include weights of equipped items towards carrying capacity.

Add items to the inventory based on what starting pack is selected.

Conandar

Explorer
As far as Beta4 is concerned, I built an Eladrin Rogue and noticed a that Fey Step needs to be added to Active Features area.
This can be added yourself if the generator does not do it automatically, using the Start page.

Also, is there some way to note what season the character is in and the corresponding cantrip?
Not sure what you are talking about here. I see nothing about changing seasons and cantrips in the DMG entry for Eladrin.

Initial Caps throughout. Mostly noticed when describing weapons and armor as well as the items in the inventory drop downs but the "s" in Cast a Spell in Actions is lower case while the "O" in Use an Object in the next column over is capitalized.
Minor detail. IMO, can definitely wait until after the new content is debugged.

Another sheet for managing inventory items in a bag(s) of holding or being carried a mount would be nice.
You can add (copy) the page yourself if you need more space.

Include weights of equipped items towards carrying capacity.
The generator already tracks inventory weight. Adding armor and weapons used on the Start page does not automatically, though, those items need to be added on page 3 for the weight to be tracked.

Add items to the inventory based on what starting pack is selected.
We already have the default packs. If you want to select the Explorer's Pack, for example, and then have each item in that pack added individually, I believe that would require a macro and those are actively being avoided for compatibility reasons. You can just add them yourself if you desire the details.

This generator is not intended to be fully a one-selection does everything necessary. While asking for new / additional details to be added is fine, please understand that some things will not be added.

Wolfx

First Post
Can anyone suggest the best way to show a Custom Feat and its rules so they show up on the sheet. I don't need them to auto add or anything just be there as a reference.

Paladijn

Villager
There is already an area on the bottom half of the CSII for "Possessions NOT on Person", this includes : Bank / Vault, Cart / Wagon, Chest, Familiar, Home, Mount, Pet, Saddlebags and Other. This might be a bit small for every possession the character possesses. Currently these do not reflect on the Mount, Pet or Familiar carrying capacity.

The Bag of Holding is a selectable Location for the "Possessions On Person" location List, this list also includes Handy Haversack, Quiver of Ehlonna and many more less magical locations. Some items, such as the Bag of Holding, do not count against the current Carrying capacity of the character.

Weapons and Armour need to be added separately to the Equipment list for them to be included (in the current versions).

Eladrin Elf (DMG version) currently does not have these features, you will have to wait a few more weeks until the next book is released.

Conandar

Explorer
Can anyone suggest the best way to show a Custom Feat and its rules so they show up on the sheet. I don't need them to auto add or anything just be there as a reference.

The generator does not support custom feats, nor are there any plans to add that feature. What you can do is use the overrides available already, where applicable, and use CSIV and CSV to add notes for the rest (much like you would need to do if using a paper character sheet).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases