log in or register to remove this ad

 

Forgotten Heroes IC

Amazing Triangle

First Post
The sun is bright over head as the birds sing their wonderful little song. This would be great for all of you if you actually knew where you were or for that matter how you had gotten there. Each of you tries to remember but each remembers only a blue smoke and what each of your names is. When you sit up you notice each of your friends. "How did I know they were my friends?" each of you thinks as this knowledge surfaces.

Down the road a ways you see a man with a horse pulling a cart [sblock=ooc] He is about 5 miles from you right now.[/sblock]

Each of you has a pounding headache and the light is not helping at all.

OOC: And scene!
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Nero Kingsley

First Post
Standing up straight and taking in his surroundings, Dunestrider quickly takes notice of the approaching wagon and crouches down. "We would do well to avoid anyone and everyone until we find out where in the Nine Hells we are. For all we know, we could be in hostile territory with a loudmouthed peasant and the local militia right down the road."
With that, Dunestrider takes to hiding anywhere well concealed from the approaching wagon, but so that he can observe the wagon's approach as well.
 

"Oh Gods. . . what did I drink last night?" Skitha moans as she awakens. Since the bottle's still in her hand she's able to figure it out quickly enough. "Hey! There's still some left! This must be the good stuff if I passed out before I finished it."

Skitha drains the bottle and looks over at where Dunestrider is creeping down behind the grass.
"Isn't that a little excessive? We just had too much to drink last night. I'm sure we'll all remember once we have a couple more to deal with the hangovers. I usually can't remember last night when I first get up."
 

Scotley

Adventurer
Eglath Goliath Figther 5

With a groan and much clattering of armor and weapons the hulking Goliath gets to his feet and hurls a rock in the general direction of the birds, "Shut up you blathering feathered harpies!" The sound of his own voice makes him groan again and he reaches for a water flask. After a long pull he takes a look around. Did I take a blow to the head? If it was a fight where is our foe? He rubs his head, feeling for a wound. Turning to the dwarf he asks, "What in the nine hells has happened to us?" He extends his waterskin.
 

hafrogman

Adventurer
Chester stirs slowly and rises to a sitting position, blinking blearily in the morning light. He looks around puzzled at his, well he guesses they're his friends. He looks curiously down at a piece of paper in his hand, but it makes no sense and has no answers. But it's addressed to him. The talking filters into his brain. . .

"I don't remember drinking anything last night. . . or really any of yesterday. . . or further?"
 

Rayex

First Post
Grokkun - Male Cleric of Johan.

The still drowsy priest accepts the waterskin from the goliath, and absentmindedly sips while looking at the approaching stranger. "I suggest we'd prepare ourself, for whatever might come. Does anyone 'urt?" He clutches his symbol of a sun. By Johan, what's going on? Where are we, and who are "we" anyway? Sighing he stands up and looks around, searching for anyone injured.
 
Last edited:

Scotley

Adventurer
Eglath Goliath Fighter 5

"I can find no wounds, but I feel as though someone's been using my head as a drum." Shaking his head he asks to no one in particular. "I'm a little befuddled...what were we doing, did someone say we'd been drinking?"
 

Voadam

Legend
"Ymir's split skull. Skitha what nasty goblin brew did you get us? My head aches so much I can't even remember what world this is." The black robed wizard rises to his feet, squinting his eyes. "Hmpfh. My mind is foggy. I remember a cloud of blue smoke but other than that the last thing I remember is Waterdeep. Where are we?"
 

JonnyFive

First Post
Zzerki gets up quickly. after looking about for a bit. he seems to calm a bit.

after hearing the other strange people talking about drinking, he shakes his head and hisses "I dont believe it was drink. The sight of that bottle you hold turns my stomach. also can any of you remember anything? i cant."
 

Voadam

Legend
JonnyFive said:
Zzerki gets up quickly. after looking about for a bit. he seems to calm a bit.

after hearing the other strange people talking about drinking, he shakes his head and hisses "I dont believe it was drink. The sight of that bottle you hold turns my stomach. also can any of you remember anything? i cant."

"Your name is . . . Zerkee? Zer kigh? Odin's missing eye! I can't remember anything else about you."
 

Shayuri

First Post
For several minutes after awakening, she stayed still...keeping her breathing even by sheer dint of will, and her eyes closed. Lily, she realized. That was her name. As other voices began speaking nearby, she found she had faint echoes of memory attached to each; like ragged scraps of flesh still dangling from long-dead bones. They were friends, the memory said, or at least allies. But wasn't it...-convenient- that the one bit of memory she should possess paint them in such a rosy light? If she were to develop a spell to erase memory, she'd make sure it did the same.

So at first she listened, then cracked her eyes open just to slits...and grunted in spite of herself as the dull ache in her head magnified to a sharp pike with the light prying through her eyelids. Damn...no point in pretending now.

Raising one hand to her temple, Lily painfully sat up and shielded her face before opening her eyes to survey the others.

A giant. A dwarf. A...a lizard?

If it wasn't for the pain, she'd think it was a dream.

"Who's missing an eye?" Lily asked, glancing around. Her voice was thick, a little throaty. Did she always sound like that? "What happened?"
 

Lot

First Post
Sir Seifer Dagmar - Level 6 Knight

Seifer awakes with a start, the feeling of his plate armor and his sword in his hand telling him he may be in a hazardous situation. Scrambling to his feet, he quickly tries to assess the situation. What's going on? Where am I?"

Seifer looks around, quickly seeing an odd assortment of different people of different shapes and sizes. For some reason, their names are known to him and they have his trust. Besides this, nothing else is becoming clear.

Seifer removes the helm on his head, revealing his shaven head and serious expression. He looks at his reflection in the shiny, dark gray surface of the helmet, looking for any sign of head injury to match his headache. Seifer also looks at the blue cockatrice on his tabard and shield, with no feeling of recognition. Very strange

Seifer starts over to his companions, sheathing his bastard sword now that no visible sign of danger can be found. "Hello, everyone. I think I may have been hit in the head. I can't remember...well, much of anything, really. Can someone tell me what is going on?"
 

Amazing Triangle

First Post
As you all talk the man and his horse slowly trot along the dirt trail. Seeing others he has the horse pick up its pace. As he approaches you can all clearly see that he is an old peasant with a horse that can’t be any younger than him.

As he approaches he starts yelling, “WHAT IN THE NAME OF JOHAN ARE YOU DOING IN MY FIELD?”

When he gets a little closer, he stops the horse and cocks his head to the side saying, “Now what are you kids, doing in my wheat field?”
 

Shayuri

First Post
Fear closed like a fist around Lily's heart. She couldn't remember anything or anyone other than these people! What if she had enemies? They'd know her, but she wouldn't know them! If they knew what had happened, they could even pretend to be her friends. How would she know?!

She got to her feet and glared daggers at the approaching, very vocal man and his wagon. Thoughtless pig. Fear gave way to anger, as cold and hard as a sword's blade.

"Excuse us, but I think our situation is a BIT more serious than a few square feet of WHEAT! Who are you, and where are we? And try to be more specific than 'your wheat field,' all right?"
 

gabrion

First Post
Lugka, the primate looking fellow with the vicious looking dinosaur laying at his side, finally gets up on his feet.

This isn't right, he thinks to himself. I live in the jungle, with wild ferocious beasts, massive trees, and others like myself. Why am I with these people in this strange and desolate land?


Yet even while thinking this, something insticitvely tells him that the others gathered around him are his friends. Hearing one of them - the one who his mind suddenly thought of as "Lily" - speak to the man who had just approached on his strange, bloated beast, Lugka pipes in.

"I do not know this Johan you speak of, but I find it strange that you call this 'your' field. You must be ignorant of the nature spirits. Even so, I must agree with this girl and ask that you explain exactly where we are, as I can't remember."
 

Amazing Triangle

First Post
"You musta been drinkin' the lot of you," the man then more to himself than to you, "I ain't neva been that drunk." The old man lowers his head and just shakes it back and forth. "You'ez 'bout two days walk from Althora. Since I be going that way I can get ya there by night fall in my here wagon. Don't thinks this be a free ride, I be needing sum protection. The roads to Althora have been getting thick with bandits as of late. A troupe like you might just scare them off makin' my trip easier."

[sblock=OOC] This man is old like late 70's old. His wagon is big enough to hold all of you. This I will leave to you make your choice (he will wait for you to make up your minds max 1 hour in game)[/sblock]
 

Amazing Triangle said:
As you all talk the man and his horse slowly trot along the dirt trail. Seeing others he has the horse pick up its pace. As he approaches you can all clearly see that he is an old peasant with a horse that can’t be any younger than him.

As he approaches he starts yelling, “WHAT IN THE NAME OF JOHAN ARE YOU DOING IN MY FIELD?”

When he gets a little closer, he stops the horse and cocks his head to the side saying, “Now what are you kids, doing in my wheat field?”
"Wheat?" Skitha looks around muzzily. "Why would you want to grow wheat? You can't distill anything good from it."
 

hafrogman

Adventurer
Heaving his substantial bulk upwards, Chester manages to rise somewhat unsteadily to his feet. He watches the farmer with some curiosity as he explains their location. Sadly the name of the town means nothing either.

"This 'Althora' sounds like a good a place as any to try and figure out what's going on here."
 

Shayuri

First Post
"Hmm," Lily replies to Chester, a bit dubiously. Then she says to the old man, "Does Althora have...healers? Or men of learning? We," she waves a finger to indicate the party, "seem to all have a similar...uh...affliction. We may need a healer or sage to work out why, and how to cure it."
 

Rayex

First Post
Grokkun - Cleric of Johan

Hearing the old man mentioning Johan, Grokkun remains silent for a little while before making a decision. He turns to the rest of the party, frowning "Althora it is, then? Better a town where someone might have answers, than a field where all there is, is worms and crows."
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top