Forked Thread: Old PC games you wish you could play again

I was just thinking about this topic this morning actually because I've been searching for a copy of TIE fighter for a while now and I've been unable to find one. I'm looking over ebay and amazon but I'm being real cheap about it and I don't want to shell out more than $10 for it.

It's worth it, but it's so old that I'm thinking I shouldn't have to pay that much.

Haha, I still have mine. But I won't give it away! ;)

But does it even work on Windows XP or Vista?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
This is easy for me. Paperboy & The Oregon Trail (classic).

I'm still able to play MOO2 on my computer and I just installed it to run completely from my new Cruzer.

Felon

First Post
Odd that this topic is confined to PC games, since they're the ones you're most likely to be able to play again even if they're pretty old. I still play MOO2 once in a while, for instance. Now, to play Road Rash again, or Shadowrun--that'd be something.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
What? :D

I've been playing Pool of Radiance since my friend had a C64. I have Teledisk versions of Wizardry 1 and 5 that I play on both my XP machine and c. 1994 DOS laptop. EDIT: Both of these are the quintessential D&D games for the computer. I should also fire up some Might and Magic 2.

One of these years I will figure out if it is better to [TALK] or [ATTACK] Ohlo in the slums :p

Check out my shades, they're black :cool:

EDIT: I spent last night playing Master of Orion on my DOS desktop. When will I learn to not pick fights I cannot win. :(

You talk to Ohlo, clear the Rope Guild (mind the Giants! Ooooh, TPK!), and then you attack him after delivering the potion...
... which gets you one of the most powerful items in the game: Wand. Of. Magic. Missile!

:p

God, i think i played it too often. :)

Graybeard

Explorer
Hm, interesting question. There are way too many choices. Off the top of my head, I would have to go with several Sierra classics like the Kings Quest series, the Laura Bow series, Freddy Pharkas, and many more. Also would like to have several Lucas Arts classics like the Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, Loom, Maniac Mansion, and several others. I remember playing those games for hours and hours.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Hm, interesting question. There are way too many choices. Off the top of my head, I would have to go with several Sierra classics like the Kings Quest series, the Laura Bow series, Freddy Pharkas, and many more. Also would like to have several Lucas Arts classics like the Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, Loom, Maniac Mansion, and several others. I remember playing those games for hours and hours.

I'll cast a vote for Kingsquest too. It satisfied my fantasy gaming jones for a while before I found Baldur's Gate.

Mercule

Adventurer
Wizard's Crown. I loved that game, though I never completed it.

Impossible Mission is another.

I'd love to see some old games updated with new graphics. My C64 crashed before I finished Bard's Tale 2 or 3, but I just can't bear the graphics anymore.

Remove ads