Forked Thread: What is wrong with Return of the Jedi

ssampier

First Post
I wish I could see it with fresh eyes, unclouded by 20 years of love. But to me, the Ewoks are slapstick done right, and their silliness never intrudes into the very serious events of the battle between Vader and Luke.

The 'yub yub' song at the end was silly, and replacing that was probably the one revision in the Special Edition I liked.

And I still think they should have pulled off the mask to reveal James Earl Jones (!).

I am the same way. I guess I still view it with child-like eyes.

"Your friends, up there on the sanctuary moon, are walking into a trap, as is your rebel fleet."

"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side. You have paid the price for your lack of vision!"

Megaton

First Post
Anthropophagic, then?

But then they were intending on eating Chewie...

Xenophagic?

Something like that...hahah. At least that's a more hardcore edge to the Ewoks because I think Lucas didn't do enough to make them look menacing.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
"Your friends, up there on the sanctuary moon, are walking into a trap, as is your rebel fleet."

"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side. You have paid the price for your lack of vision!"
Of course, these parts are the good parts.

Cheers, LT.

Trickstergod

First Post
1> Ewoks.

Well, yeah.

2> There had been some unnatural glorification of a very minor character in the saga; Boba Fett, and some fanboys were very unhappy with the nature of his demise.

This is because fanboys are dumb. The nature of Fett's demise is one of the better parts of the film. I take nothing but joy in seeing a hyper-competent bad-*** get humiliated.

3> Silly Ghosts and Crappy Music at the end. I noted that they changed the music in that scene in the newer editions.

The silly ghosts go back to Empire. The music does not a bad movie make.

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
I like Jedi for some of the quips alone.

Han: Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big light blur. I think my eyes are getting better.
Luke: There's nothing to see. I used to live here, you know.
Han: You're going to die here, you know. Convenient.

Han: Chewie and I will take care of this, you stay here.
Luke: Quietly, There may be more of them out there.
Han: Hey, it's me. <trademark smirk firmly in place>

Nothing, not even an ewok, can detract from Han's quips.
---------------

-Everything..everything is fine up here. How are you?

Klaus

First Post
I like Jedi for some of the quips alone.

Han: Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big light blur. I think my eyes are getting better.
Luke: There's nothing to see. I used to live here, you know.
Han: You're going to die here, you know. Convenient.

Han: Chewie and I will take care of this, you stay here.
Luke: Quietly, There may be more of them out there.
Han: Hey, it's me. <trademark smirk firmly in place>

Nothing, not even an ewok, can detract from Han's quips.
---------------

-Everything..everything is fine up here. How are you?
"Luke? A Jedi Knight? I go away for awhile and everybody gets delusions of grandeur..."

Remove ads