• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[FR][PBP] Against the Storm Game Thread

DM_Matt

First Post
Calain's spell is losing rounds as you spend time talking. you guys pretty much have to make a deal now of attack before your edge is gone.

The dragon makes one last plea "I will help you, or I will ensure that at least you, Calain, will not get to Luskan alive.

You do know that this river ends NEAR Luskan, not in it, right? How confident are you exactly that Rufus can get you through the patrols? In addition to the other favor promised, I will guide you to Luskan and tell you the numbers, strengths, timing, and procedures of the Air and Sea patrols around Luskan."

dead_radish

Explorer
Elone sighs. "Solonor values life, Calain, even life such as this. If his offer be true, we would benefit greatly from his help. If not, we know his location. I expect that you and I could make a fine sport of returning to his lair with him unawares, and contesting which of us could fell him fastest, eh beast? I say we leave him alive, and accept his help, if he swears an oath. Solonor knows trust must begin somewhere....

Elric

First Post
Alexander adopts a didactic tone

"No Calain, he did not try to kill us. He tried to rob us and we responded by defending ourselves. Now, if you wish to see yourself dead, so be it. I wonder how you have survived so long.

Unlike this dragon values his own life. We would be well advised to keep that in mind. If he swears to help us and knows that fighting us will probably mean death, I see no reason for him to betray us." (Mouths: "Except to Storm")

DM_Matt

First Post
This should get you guys to Luskan. I will post it a new thread for Part II very soon.
Feel free to talk in character (or out) in the meantim, tohugh.

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
OOC: Who are hugh and tim, then?

;)

Sorry.

IC: (I assume we were given the dragon's token and information, then?)

Elone shoots a final look at the dragon. "Remember, fiend, this river is not so long that we cannot travel back if you betray us. And at least one of us will survive any betrayal."

As Elone watches Calain stalk off, she shakes her head. "Blood spilled freely is a good offering, but blood spilled needlessly is a waste." She turns to Alex. "We'll need be watching that one. Solonor's Eye doesn't fall on him often, I'd be willing to bet." Then she claps her hands. "Still, we have faced a mighty foe, and a dragon at that, and we all still live. It's a time to celebrate." She pulls a hip flask for her belt, and takes a long draught.

Remove ads