Froghemoths & Flail Snails - Oh My! Chris Perkins' New Adventure Sneak Peek

It's a Kamadan.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, they did such a horrible job already with Temple of Elemental Evil. :uhoh:

I can get you a stack of Butthurt forms if you like.

Gentlemen,

Do I really have to say more than that? Just, "Gentlemen...," should suffice.

But, in case it doesn't - RESPECT. Remember that word. We expect you to respect the persons of your fellow posters. If you aren't interested in showing respect, we expect you to hold your tongue (well, technically, fingers).

Snark is fundamentally failed communication. It doesn't convince anyone who doesn't agree with you, and tends to engage the emotions, rather than rational thought. And we see that here. Hussar got a bit snarky. JeffB went full on insulting and personal in response.

Both of them, being old hands, should have known better. But, now that it has been explicitly pointed out, we can hope they will avoid it going forward, at least for purposes of this thread.

HobbitFan

Explorer
I'm starting to get a little cynical about WOTC's appeals to nostalga as way of promoting 5E.

You guys remember when Mr. Perkins posted picks of the Old Greyhawk box set on his desk with a leading"Wonder what this means.." type comment.
Nothing came of that.

It's hard for me to get interested in them looking at old quirky monsters unless I know they are wrapping something innovative, creative and fun around these monsters.

mflayermonk

First Post
I'm starting to get a little cynical about WOTC's appeals to nostalga as way of promoting 5E.

You guys remember when Mr. Perkins posted picks of the Old Greyhawk box set on his desk with a leading"Wonder what this means.." type comment.
Nothing came of that.

It's hard for me to get interested in them looking at old quirky monsters unless I know they are wrapping something innovative, creative and fun around these monsters.

I'm of the same opinion. I just played 13th Age's Eyes of the Stone Thief and it felt so fresh and well, adventurous.

JeffB

Legend
/edit

Whoops, nothing to see here.

I saw your original post via email notification. FYI, I do play 5e. I ran The Tomb of Rakoss the Undying this past Sunday.

If they produced material I wanted to use I would play it more often. I like the system, and have stated it many times. I hate their adventure support (other than LMoPhandelver) and their business model.

As I have said previous, we have an ignore function here. Use it, if you are that bothered by people who don't agree with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hussar

Legend
I saw your original post via email notification. FYI, I do play 5e. I ran The Tomb of Rakoss the Undying this past Sunday.

If they produced material I wanted to use I would play it more often. I like the system, and have stated it many times. I hate their adventure support (other than LMoPhandelver) and their business model.

As I have said previous, we have an ignore function here. Use it, if you are that bothered by people who don't agree with you.

Not an issue with people I don't agree with as much as an issue with people who continuously bang the same drum, over and over and over again, threadcrapping every single chance they get.

JeffB

Legend
Not an issue with people I don't agree with as much as an issue with people who continuously bang the same drum, over and over and over again, threadcrapping every single chance they get.

Then either use ignore, or learn to deal with your frustration. You are the one with the issue. Or take it up with Umbran or another moderator.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Two people here thought I was joking upthread.

I was not. When a moderator tells you to knock it off, we expect you to knock it off. Really, it isn't difficult.

Both of them can take a few days off for their trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller

Nothing came of that...

yet

Remove ads

Remove ads