Froghemoths & Flail Snails - Oh My! Chris Perkins' New Adventure Sneak Peek

It's a Kamadan.

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
Barrier Peaks/"Space Zoo" mashup with Spelljammer/"Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow".

Ending with Gith/Neogi in the Spine of the World mountains/"At the Mountains of Madness".

Last edited by a moderator:

Benji

First Post
Ah, but Slaadi are intellectual wotc property... and they haven't been the focus of much attention in the past. Plus, they're pretty easy to write big adventures around, and they have ties to a lot of things that are SO D&D - Modrons, for example, as well as many planar monsters like Githyanki.

Undead and Giants are pretty much Paizo's territory right now, and they're sort of played out. Slaadi would be interesting, new, and yet still close enough to "core" D&D that it's not a huge risk. Anyways, it's my guess at least.

The reason I mentioned giants is because it's been mentioned before on http://www.nerdsonearth.com/2014/12/dungeons-dragons-5e-release-schedule-2018/

(Scroll down to 'early 2016' - given the accuracy of this stuff up to and about Rage of demons, it's likely to be well informed)

EDIT: Also just thought that Perkins is much further ahead than the rest of us in his brain/Tweets. When elemental evil was just released he was tweeting about mongrelfolk entries (something we STILL haven't seen) then as rage of demons was about to be set up he was tweeting about working with Pendleton Ward. He's probably already into the next thing by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barrier Peaks would be odd. Really odd.
There's no "boss monster" for that, which have driven the last three storylines. It's also a pretty small idea for a story (a crashed spaceship dungeon crawl) for an entire 1-15 campaign. Even working to the spaceship and surrounding craziness would be a stretch. It wouldn't work well with Neverwinter or Sword Coast Legends, requiring all new assets to be added (technology). Plus mixing fantasy and tech is fun for a while, but an entire campaign is funky. And adding tech to the Realms as canon would upset a lot of FR fans.

darjr

I crit!
No boss monster you say? (nsfw, language)

[video=youtube;DPpQ43DWmX8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPpQ43DWmX8[/video]

Remove ads

Remove ads