From out of the 80's into the 90's erm 2021

Pretty sure neither of those 2 left, they were kicked out. Both got sick and neither band were willing to wait. Dennis DeYoung had some kind of blood disease and Jon Anderson had vocal problems as far as I remember.

They left. They returned. They got kicked out. All of the above.

And Black Sabbath was definitely not the same without Ozzy. Van Halen was better without David Lee Roth, but then, I can't stand anything he has done, and Sammy Hagar was already great before he joined, so I am biased.

R_J_K75

Legend
They left. They returned. They got kicked out. All of the above.

And Black Sabbath was definitely not the same without Ozzy. Van Halen was better without David Lee Roth, but then, I can't stand anything he has done, and Sammy Hagar was already great before he joined, so I am biased.
Unfortunately Sabbath wasnt the same with Ozzy too. DLR definitely wasnt for everyone but I prefer him over Hagar. Dont get me wrong Hagar era VH was good but just not the same. I saw VH in 2003 or 2004 and it was a mess. They sold so few tickets they closed off have the arena and upgraded our seats. Pretty sure we left early.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Gary Numan also lent his unique vocals to this gem by Battles

King Crimson’s stuff always gets my attention.

NIN hasn’t slacked off any, IMHO.

Tool has gotten slooow with their release schedule, but their quality hasn’t suffered.

The only thing that stopped David Bowie & Prince from releasing great music was death.

Zardnaar

Legend
Gary Numan also lent his unique vocals to this gem by Battles

King Crimson’s stuff always gets my attention.

NIN hasn’t slacked off any, IMHO.

Tool has gotten slooow with their release schedule, but their quality hasn’t suffered.

The only thing that stopped David Bowie & Prince from releasing great music was death.

Cool song. Listening to it now.

How about NIN plus Gary Numan?

Kinda like NIN music not sure it's a band. Seems to be Trent Reznor plus whatever session musicians he hires.

Last edited:

R_J_K75

Legend
Unfortunately death will put a damper on productivity. I'd put Chris Cornell and Tom Petty in that same category too. I bought Tom Petty's Hypnotic Eye for my girlfriend when it came out in 2014. It download to my phone from Amazon and I just got around to listening to it last summer, I was surprised how good it was. Chris Cornell's Higher Truth was a great record too. Too bad both were their last releases.

Remove ads