• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[FS] Beachside Holiday

LcKedovan

Explorer
The Scene:

A quiet pedestrian street. The camera pans across the faces of the masses walking along the street, going about their business. The camera draws back to show a small quaint pub, situated not far from the beach. Out front a small group of curious looking individuals relax in front of the glass windows of the pub who's wide double doors are open to allow the fresh sea air to circulate.

The camera zooms in on one of the group, a bear of a man wearing a red and black plaid lumberjack jacket. His hair is on the border of being too long, and it looks like he hasn't had a shave in some days. "So, want another beer guys?" he rumbles.

One of his companions responds "Another one? it's not even noon yet, I just got up!". "Hey, it's noon somewhere right now... I'll take that as a yes then." the bear-like man responds before turning and ducking into the pub.

Carnifex

First Post
One of the disparate group, a slim man clad entirely in green clothes, lounges in his seat in a feline manner, basking in the sun despite the fact he's not wearing any sunscreen and with pale skin like that he's gonna get sunburned. Muzzily raising his head at the movement generated by the big man heading off for another beer, he yawns. "Does he have hollow legs or something? Where does he put all that alcohol?"

Looking lazily around, he yawned again. "Well, at least it's nice and peaceful here."

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
[OOC: Hey, Doc, you can join, of course]

A tall and thin man, dressed in a rather typical way, was near the others. His clothes and attitude was non remarkable, and he liked it in that way. He wanted to blend with the crowd, he wanted to walk unnoticed. Well, he usually liked. That day, he was enjoying the drinks with his friends. The tall and thin man near the bear-like guy takes is jar and lift it.

Will, it was really a good idea, coming here, really nice. But my jar is also empty, so bring me another when you bring yours, O.K.?

It was a nice day. The heterogeneous group was enjoying its first 'Get together' in a long time, and it meant lots of laught, alcohol and geekish conversation. It was such a nice day...

LcKedovan

Explorer
[OOC:

Dr Midnight said:
Yep, niiiiiiice and peaceful.

Is there a structure to this, or can one just jump in? :D

Jump on in Doc!!!.. we're just starting it off with some of the stuff we started in your story hour thread, and we'll go from there!

-W.]

Dr Midnight

Explorer
CRACK!!
The sound of the picket fence gate being kicked open draws all heads to the entrance. Striding in like he owns the place is TONY BRAZIL.

laureano.gif

What's up, chumps? Don't mind the monkey suit, just came from a job interview at Sizzler. I think it went well. Would I like a beer? Hey, I'm TONY BRAZIL. You're DAMN RIGHT I'd like a beer... but not one of those froofy imports. Tony brings his own!
Tony pulls out a six-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon and sets it on the table, then looks around to see how impressed everyone is.
Who wants one?
I swear, I don't know what's the matter with you people. P.B.R.'s are gold!
Tony rips one from the cheap plastic ring, opens it, and gulps the lukewarm economy-quality beer like water.

Last edited:

LcKedovan

Explorer
The grizzly Lumberjack known as Benton Fraser sidles up to the bar inside, most of the patrons don't bother to make any eye contact.. they are used to strangers and tourists wandering in their quaint, quiet pub. One dark clad man in the corner seems to follow the Lumberjack's movements just long enough to be considered too long.

"4 pints barman, and make it quick if you can.. I have a funny feeling I won't have alot of time to drink it" he glances quickly sideways at the dark clad man in the corner. The bartender shrugs and motions to the pretty barmaid to pour a couple of beers. "That'll be 6 euro please" he says to the Lumberjack who flips him a 10 note. "Keep the change, put it towards renovations" he replies with a sigh and winks at the barmaid as she passes him the beers.

Walking outside he smiles at Tony who he recognizes from times past and slides the 4 beers onto the table, immediately downing the contents of one of them. "Drink up guys, I think we're about to get some company." he says as he glances back inside at the man in the dark clothes. "Nice timing Tony.. you didn't piss anyone off at Sizzler did you?" he adds with a wry grin.

Last edited:

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
[The tall and thin man used to be known with quite a few names. Mr. John Smith, Mr. Tousle Jours, Mr. Juan Cualquiera... His favirite, at least by now, was Mr. Nob Ody...

Nob took the pint that Benton passed him and drak it fast.

I think we are not alone... he muttered.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
OOC:
Mialee said:
So... You guys going to DO anything, or what?

Horacio sends an lovely ugly spider to Mialee

Trust on us, my little elf, this is the slow beginning of the film.
Nobody wants to post the first combat scene... but when someone will do it will go fast!. Do you want to join us?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads