D&D 5E Full Announcement of Mythical Odesseys of Theros in Dragon+ Issue 30

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Nope, this is James Wyatt making a Setting book with the same structure as Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica or the Eberron book.
Could it be both, though? A setting book PLUS a book of short adventures?

If not, then there are two more books coming out in 2020 that we know about:

1) Kate Welch's book of short adventures.
2) The book Chris Perkins tweeted about ("If you liked Curse of Strahd, then you'll like what I'm working on for 2020.")

Or maybe Chris Perkins and Kate Welch are working on the same book?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Could it be both, though? A setting book PLUS a book of short adventures?

If not, then there are two more books coming out in 2020 that we know about:

1) Kate Welch's book of short adventures.
2) The book Chris Perkins tweeted about ("If you liked Curse of Strahd, then you'll like what I'm working on for 2020.")

Or maybe Chris Perkins and Kate Welch are working on the same book?

Based on what they are laying down, no, this is not also that: Wyatt goes into some detail here, and the contents line up with the 300+ page behometh Setting books with full Adventure generation toolsets, leaving no room for a full other project.

They probably have 2-3 more books in the pipeline, yes.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
They probably have 2-3 more books in the pipeline, yes.
But they also said that there wouldn't be as many books in 2020 as there were in 2019, if I remember correctly. Maybe Chris's or Kate's book was pushed back to 2021.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
But they also said that there wouldn't be as many books in 2020 as there were in 2019, if I remember correctly. Maybe Chris's or Kate's book was pushed back to 2021.

Or maybe it's not a book per se? They could have three further releases and still be a step down from last year (7 major product releases, four hardcovers and three boxsets).

gyor

Legend
Yeah, it seems that the UA may have had a high attrition rate: there were some far out ideas there.

Or not all of them were for this book, many of them like the Wildsoul Barbarian and Astral Monk didn't fit Theros, just because they were released at the same time does not mean they were intended for the same product.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Or not all of them were for this book, many of them like the Wildsoul Barbarian and Astral Monk didn't fit Theros, just because they were released at the same time does not mean they were intended for the same product.

The Barbarian in particular does actually fit Theros pretty well, for a Red Mana Shaman. Astral Monk probably was meant to fit as well. Anything from before the Variant Class features rest that doesn't make this book is probably toast.

Remove ads