• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Full] The Scarab (D&D3 Planar Adventure)

Jarval

Explorer
Peter, do you own (or have access to) Green Ronin's Book of the Righteous? I think its Holy Warrior class would be well suited to Osric.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Actually, speaking of good prestige classes for Osric I've got a piece of a Dragon magazine in pdf format which contains a good one: The Mighty Contendor of Kord

Let me know if you're interested. :)

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Badger said:
Yeah, the other game is the one Todd is running...so far we just ended our first encounter and I managed not to knock out the party with my Color Spray...*L*

For anyone who is looking for another thread to add to their list, I'll plug both our game and yours KL. Although due to spoiler reasons, I had to stop reading yours...:)

Thanks for the plug, Badger. :) Todd's a good DM — I had a lot of fun in his On the Merchant Road game. As for no longer reading my thread, no harm, no foul. I've been glancing at Todd's thread (great maps!), but haven't done any in depth reading. Grad school's being evil right now.

Speaking of maps and stuff — the visuals here are sweet, too. It's some really neat stuff you're throwing out there, Peter. How long does it take you to do all that?

Best,
tKL

Jarval

Explorer
Festy_Dog said:
Actually, speaking of good prestige classes for Osric I've got a piece of a Dragon magazine in pdf format which contains a good one: The Mighty Contendor of Kord

Let me know if you're interested. :)

Very interested, thanks Festy :) Which issue is it in? Or if you have it handy, just e-mail it through (jarvalf AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk).

Thank you, about the graphics. I use Paint Shop Pro for everything. I apologize for the speed at which I am posting, again. I did say it would be around 3 times a week, so I'm a bit behind.

These were a bit tougher than ordinary kobolds; each was a 2nd level warrior.

Kobold Sentry, Male Kobold War2: Small Humanoid (Reptilian); HD 2d8+2 (Warrior); hp 14; Init +0; Spd 20; AC 15; Atk +0 base melee, +3 base ranged; +0 (1d6-3, Sickle); +0 (1d6-3, Halfspear); SQ: Darkvision (Ex), Light sensitivity (Ex); AL LE; SV Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +0; STR 5, DEX 11, CON 13, INT 14, WIS 11, CHA 10.
Skills: Climb -4, Craft (Trapmaking) +2, Jump -6, Listen +4, Profession (Miner) +2, Search +6, Spot +4. Feats: Alertness.
Possessions:
Weapons: Halfspear; Sickle.
Armor: Studded leather.

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
its actually a 13MB pdf, but I've taken some screen shots of it and i'll try to send them to you, looks as though I'll spread it over 2 e-mails :)

Jarval

Explorer
Festy_Dog said:
its actually a 13MB pdf, but I've taken some screen shots of it and i'll try to send them to you, looks as though I'll spread it over 2 e-mails :)

Hmm, my account has a 6MB limit on it, so just tell me the issue number for now. If I'm lucky, I might have a copy of the magazine somewhere.

EDIT: Just found your e-mails. I'm having a slight problem downloading the files, but that's a problem with my connection, rather than anything you've sent. I should be able to D/L them by this evening. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Festy_Dog said:
No problem, I just hacked off all the unimportant bits to decrease the size and it worked fine. :D

Now got it, and it looks right up Osric's street :) Hmm, what's the quickest way of getting a +6 Fort save?

Peter, not sure if you missed my previous question: Do you own (or have access to) Green Ronin's Book of the Righteous? I'm rather taken with the Holy Warrior base class. It's essentially a paladin for any good alignment, but with differing granted powers linked to domains.

Guys I have to apologize for this but I can't keep up with the game anymore! I am somewhat stymied by the online format, and I changed hosting so I lost a lot of my old files. :(.
I apologize.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads