• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Full] The Scarab (D&D3 Planar Adventure)

Badger

First Post
Hola...

Well, even though Delg is currently unable to, I thought I would go ahead and say hi for myself. This will be my second stab at a PbP game, and luckily Manzanita is in both for me to follow his example...:)

Look foward to gaming with you all, especially if someone gets down there fast enough to get me away from the neg zone..*L*

Badger

Yeah! Anyhow, please wait to officially enter the game until after you are rescued. Thats all I ask. Maybe you can come up with some details of your kidnap and torture by Kobolds too.

Some of your equipment will be returned quickly, just about everything but the Kama (and I have plans for that too). But welcome to the game!

Badger

First Post
Waiting...

No prob on the wait...I'll wait until after you post the healing spell before Delg opens his eyes to his saviors...

I have to close my building today, so from noon until proly 6pm I won't have access to a computer, after that I'll be good to go again posting wise.

Badger

Badger

First Post
Delg's Background...

Peter...

Could you shot me a e-mail off to the side on a little of the world we are all in? That way, if they ask any questions I think Delg could answer, I could pipe them in, as well as helping to explain a little of who he is/what he is doing out there.

Thanks amigo...

Badger

I decided..No reason to confine it to email!

The area Delg comes from, this desert area, is known as 'Hautama'. It is an ancient land, but once was the home of a thriving ancient empire. Now the whole desert, and the area surrounding the river are fairly backwards.

The most salient points:
Steel weaponry in this area is rare and expensive, but not unknown. Most warriors use bronze, copper, iron or stone.

There are a few different tribal warlords that fight over territory now, but no real authorities.

The area around the river is fertile. The desert is cursed and inhabited by monsters, and possibly undead.

There is a dwarven society and an elven society located across the river, but Kezz is "mixed" and freely integrates elves and dwarves with the main human population.

There are more technologically advanced societies towards the west that approximate a more familiar D&D technological level.

Festy_Dog

First Post
I just dl'ed the OA campaign setting and have updated my character with the corrections I needed to make. One main one actually, I needed to take Scent as a feat to be able to use it so its my 1st lvl feat:

Riss'tiq'check; male nezumi; LG; ranger 1; 731 / 1000 xp;

hgt - 4'9"; wgt - 191 lb = 134(character) + 57(equipment)

str 14; dex 15; con 10; int 14; wis 14; cha 10;

HD 1d10; hp 10;

BA +1; claws/bite - +3 melee, d4+2; long sword(good hand) - +1 melee, d8+2; short sword(off hand) - +1 melee, d6+1; longbow-

+3 ranged, d8;

AC 14 = 10(base) + 2(dex) + 2(armour)

speed 40'; init +3;

saves - fort +3; reflex +2; will +1;

racial abilities - scent, low-light vision, +2 racial bonus to move silently and hide, +2 to saves vs. disease and poison, cannot

acquire a taint score

class abilities - track, in light or no armour (ambidexterity, two-weapon fighting), favoured enemy(aberrations) +1

feats -
scent

skills -
climb (str) +4/2
heal (wis) +4/2
hide (dex) +6/2
jump (str) +4/2
knowledge (nature) (int) +4/2
listen (wis) +4/2
move silently (dex) +6/2
search (int) +4/2
spot (wis) +4/2
swim (str) +4/2
wilderness lore (wis) +6/4

equipment-
long sword
short sword
leather armour
bedroll
winter blanket
backpack
explorer's outfit
cold weather outfit
longbow
20 arrows
silver dagger
3 trail rations
torch
smoke stick
signal mirror
spyglass

54 gp
9 sp

history:
(at 2nd lvl)

Badger

First Post
Sorry for such a long intro post guys, but I got keyboard happy...*L*

Hope you don't mind the slight spin I put on Kezz....

Badger

Manzanita

First Post
Casandra dumped her Mending spell to spontaneously cast the cure minor wounds on Delg.

Are you following our Dungeon Adventure Path thread KL?

Badger

First Post
Yeah, the other game is the one Todd is running...so far we just ended our first encounter and I managed not to knock out the party with my Color Spray...*L*

For anyone who is looking for another thread to add to their list, I'll plug both our game and yours KL. Although due to spoiler reasons, I had to stop reading yours...:)

*smacks self on head*

So much for my first post being a smooth one...sorry about the mix up on this side about her heritage...will go back and edit that part.

*red faced*

Badger

Shameless plugger to the masses

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads