GAME OF THRONES #2: The Lion and the Rose ACT 41 Chapter 4-2014

Looking forward to the next round of murders, though I wonder:

[sblock]With Tyrion sending Shae away (which I don't recall happening the same way in the book), does that indicate they want to save her in the TV show, or will we get the ultimate cruelty from the books when he finds her in bed with his father and kills her?[/sblock]

PLEASE edit to say "SPOILER FROM THE BOOK." I got cavalier and assumed it was just a spoiler for last night's episode. Let us spare whoever else might make that same mistake.

Plus, it symbolizes his whole break from his past, with [redacted]
I had heard that the show was going to change some of the story, but I doubt they'll change it that far. I can't see a reason or use for that character.
and the other person who dies in the end.
Which one? I ask jokingly because for one, I don't want you to actually say it and give out spoilers for those who have been too lazy and haven't read the books; and two...
George-R.-R.-Martin.jpg

Last edited:

Ahnehnois

First Post
A good episode, but it did peeve me a little bit that they went with the old "instantaneous poison" trope. There aren't many poisons that work that fast (assuming that the wine was poisoned and not something he ate days earlier), and even allowing for that, it's usually wiser for a poisoner to use something with a slower onset to make it less obvious what happened. Not a book reader here so maybe I'm just missing something, but it just seemed like that aspect of the plot was unnecessarily overt.

A good episode, but it did peeve me a little bit that they went with the old "instantaneous poison" trope. There aren't many poisons that work that fast (assuming that the wine was poisoned and not something he ate days earlier), and even allowing for that, it's usually wiser for a poisoner to use something with a slower onset to make it less obvious what happened. Not a book reader here so maybe I'm just missing something, but it just seemed like that aspect of the plot was unnecessarily overt.
The show handled it pretty much the same as the book. I haven't re-watched the episode, but I read an article that mentioned that if you pay attention during the episode, you can see who poisons Joffrey. I'm not sure if that's true, but I kind of want to watch the episode again just to see if it is.

Mallus

Legend
I liked the episode quite a bit, but it could have used some more levity -- though I did laugh pretty hard at Ser Loras's zinger to Jaime. Oh well, not every scene/episode can have Arya, the Hound, and chicken(s).

Fast Learner

First Post
The dragon's wings are totally unrealistic, too, as is the speed of the zombies.

(Wait, what, this is a fantasy world?)

Ahnehnois

First Post
The dragon's wings are totally unrealistic, too, as is the speed of the zombies.

(Wait, what, this is a fantasy world?)
It's not about realism, it's about making sense. Poisoning someone makes more sense if you can do it without anyone knowing what item was poisoned and when.

Remove ads