D&D General Gameplay Trailer for D&D Dark Alliance Video Game

That would be lovely. Give it a vertical map a la Dark Souls, with side areas and whatnot, rather than the oftentimes too sprawling AC maps, and I'd be all-in.

That and an Assassin’s Creed style game set in primarily in Sharn.

Honestly, I'd play it. A calm D&D game where you help your fellow gnomes with their inventions, build your own, and customize your attire sounds nice.

Coming in 2024: Gnome Crossing!

MarkB

Legend
Looks like it could be good fun, though calling it a gameplay trailer is a stretch. I also noticed the new Wizards logo at the end, sitting comfortably next to the various gaming platform logos.

MarkB

Legend
It’s a trailer that shows gameplay.
Not really. There's no on-screen interface in any of these shots, none of them last more than two seconds, and they're all basically brief clips of flashy action. It shows the visual style and quality of the game, but provides no real information as to how it will play. It could be anything from a deeply tactical immersive experience to a pay-to-win card-collecting auto-battler and still look the way it does in this trailer.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Not really. There's no on-screen interface in any of these shots, none of them last more than two seconds, and they're all basically brief clips of flashy action. It shows the visual style and quality of the game, but provides no real information as to how it will play. It could be anything from a deeply tactical immersive experience to a pay-to-win card-collecting auto-battler and still look the way it does in this trailer.
Oookay. 👍

Zardnaar

Legend
Oof no thanks on that second paragraph. 2, 3, and Black Flag, are good games. Odyssey is garbage with a decent story and some good characters.

It has level grinding. In a stealth parkour game.

Odyssey is a fun game but it's not a very good AC game. And it's a bit bloated but that's an easy fix.

It's more if a superhero game and reminds me a bit of 3E D&D.

You could tweak Odyssey easily enough into a D&D type game.

AC engine good for a protagonist type game not so good for a party type game.

The D&D party dynamic translates badly to video game format IMHO. You need a primary protagonist I suppose with supporting characters a'la Mass Effect.

This makes remember me a easter egg in AC: Walhalla about D&D.

In my opinion this sounds as a wink, wink, nudge to WotC, something like Ubisoft sending a hidden message: "Hasbro, we could make good videogames based in your franchises!". We shouldn't forget a old setting could enjoy a revival thanks the right videogame, even Jakandor, the little ugly duckling of the D&D settings. But I don't know the Hasbro's plans for partnertship with other videogames studios for D&D. Now WotC is going to become a videogame developer.

f8c32f86cd492174d41ce9a91a2ecd80.jpg

Ember, skin from Fortnite. Doesn't she look familiar by any reason?

Zardnaar

Legend
This makes remember me a easter egg in AC: Walhalla about D&D.

In my opinion this sounds as a wink, wink, nudge to WotC, something like Ubisoft sending a hidden message: "Hasbro, we could make good videogames based in your franchises!". We shouldn't forget a old setting could enjoy a revival thanks the right videogame, even Jakandor, the little ugly duckling of the D&D settings. But I don't know the Hasbro's plans for partnertship with other videogames studios for D&D. Now WotC is going to become a videogame developer.

f8c32f86cd492174d41ce9a91a2ecd80.jpg

Ember, skin from Fortnite. Doesn't she look familiar by any reason?

With the skill trees in Origins and Odyssey I was thinking "wouldn't be to hard to D&D this".

But yeah probably won't happen due to $$$$.

We can agree we can't safe what is going to happen. The lore of D&D is not very right and ready for intercompany crossovers with other no-fantasy franchises, but D&D can allow fantasy version of other IPs.

Most of videogame studios would rather to start from zero with their own IPs to enjoy absolute creative control, and you don't need the brand D&D to sell some title what used d20 system mechanic.

Ubisoft had got some work linked with Hasbro franchises.

Ubisoft is the owner of "Prince of Persia" saga. Maybe they could talk about a future al-Qadim ersatz/spiritual succesor videogame.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases