D&D General Gameplay Trailer for D&D Dark Alliance Video Game

Zardnaar

Legend
We can agree we can't safe what is going to happen. The lore of D&D is not very right and ready for intercompany crossovers with other no-fantasy franchises, but D&D can allow fantasy version of other IPs.

Most of videogame studios would rather to start from zero with their own IPs to enjoy absolute creative control, and you don't need the brand D&D to sell some title what used d20 system mechanic.

Ubisoft had got some work linked with Hasbro franchises.

Ubisoft is the owner of "Prince of Persia" saga. Maybe they could talk about a future al-Qadim ersatz/spiritual succesor videogame.

It's because AC is a flagship product a d costs tens of millions to make one of them ($80-100million+ marketing).

Companies don't generally spend that on IPs they don't control.

Not impossible but highly unlikely. They might license the engine out and someone else makes a game.

TheSword

Legend
I’m not loving the look having place the Diablo-like top-down first two versions.

Though this kind of game has been forever spoiled by the excellent adrenaline filled experience of Vermintide.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It's because AC is a flagship product a d costs tens of millions to make one of them ($80-100million+ marketing).

Companies don't generally spend that on IPs they don't control.

Not impossible but highly unlikely. They might license the engine out and someone else makes a game.

To be fair, this game is actually being made by WotC, who bought the developers.

Inchoroi

Adventurer
Odyssey is a fun game but it's not a very good AC game. And it's a bit bloated but that's an easy fix.

It's more if a superhero game and reminds me a bit of 3E D&D.

You could tweak Odyssey easily enough into a D&D type game.

AC engine good for a protagonist type game not so good for a party type game.

The D&D party dynamic translates badly to video game format IMHO. You need a primary protagonist I suppose with supporting characters a'la Mass Effect.

Dragon Age did the party dynamic pretty well, as does, at least in my opinion, Baldur's Gate 3. I sincerely hope that BG3, when all is said and done, isn't the only game like it that comes out for D&D settings.

Zardnaar

Legend
To be fair, this game is actually being made by WotC, who bought the developers.

Yeah but I highly doubt they're gonna pump in $100+ million dollars.

The studio they bought is also a small one no one cares about.

To make Assassin's Creed which was what we were talking about Ubisoft has 7 studios.

That trailer the graphics looked around 5 or 6 years ago maybe longer. And there wasn't a lot if gameplay footage looked like cut scenes mostly.

Zardnaar

Legend
Dragon Age did the party dynamic pretty well, as does, at least in my opinion, Baldur's Gate 3. I sincerely hope that BG3, when all is said and done, isn't the only game like it that comes out for D&D settings.

Wife loved DA, I was more into Mass Effect. Never got around to playing it.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Surprisingly my old dungeon crawling buddies are all about this. Looks like we are marking the release date down.

jedijon

Explorer
Super Pass.

if THIS IS ACTUAL GAMEPLAY where there’s middle finger lava deaths and death-metal guitar ogres...

Also—what a stupid turn-off of a trailer. D&D as an endless “we got to save the world” is a mundanity that’s outlived any excitement it can generate. Replacing that with a paean to youthful f u’s...well it isn’t doing any more to capture my interest.

I cringed so hard I dropped my phone.

When it launches I’ll give one more final glance at someone’s actual YouTube gameplay video - pay special attention to the intro. And for a video game, I’ll want it brief and innocuous, if so, I’ll conclude this is another Diablo III and leave it at that. And if someone tells me they put some BioWare style choices or cultivated relationships in here (in a 4 player brawler???????) I’ll just die of shock, change my mind (from beyond the grave), and love it.

Till then? WotC - you’re pushing all my buttons.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases