D&D General Gameplay Trailer for D&D Dark Alliance Video Game

I'd forgotten all about this, but it was one of the 7 digital Dungeons & Dragons games mentioned in February of 2020. It's a console game which launches in June, and you can now watch a gameplay trailer of it. The game features a Drizz't and his friends, and you get to fight frost giants, beholders, and white dragons in Icewind Dale. You can pre-order it now.

Dausuul

Legend
Is "try too hard" metal a thing? After watching this trailer, I feel like it should be a thing.
My only concern is that they won't try hard enough.

I have no interest in Drizzt, barely any in the Forgotten Realms, and I had pretty much written off "Dark Alliance" after that first godawful trailer. But an insane over-the-top mashup of D&D with Brutal Legend? Now you have my interest.

Frankly, it reminds me of D&D Shadow Over Mystara more than anything.

And that's perfectly fine. That game was awesome!

If this can channel that Borderlands style of a group multiplayer game, that would be excellent. D&D and Borderlands are all about getting together with your buddies and having some fun beating up monsters and taking their loot.

Here's another gameplay trailer, showing off the Beholder "Hagedorn."
Feels like "gameplay" and "beholder" need quotation marks around them way more than Hagedorn, from that trailer. We got like a few seconds of the boss doing something, jumpcut, few seconds of the boss doing something, jumpcut, etc. - That's not "gameplay" footage. Also total identifiable beholder abilities used? Zero.

Redwizard007

Adventurer
Feels like "gameplay" and "beholder" need quotation marks around them way more than Hagedorn, from that trailer. We got like a few seconds of the boss doing something, jumpcut, few seconds of the boss doing something, jumpcut, etc. - That's not "gameplay" footage. Also total identifiable beholder abilities used? Zero.

I would have loved to see some recognizable eye rays, but we definitely saw the main eye cone and plenty of magic effects.

This won't be a strategy or tactics game or worry much about resources, but it looks like a decent incarnation of the old Gauntlet game I loved pumping quarters into as a kid. Grab a beer and a headset and reconnect with old friends from college while beating on beholders.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Some of the new trailers loom much better than the initial on with Drizzt running but looking deformed, I might check this out when it comes out.

Remove ads

Remove ads