• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamer Significant Others

What is your dating status?

• Dating? Is that a new RPG?

Votes: 35 9.5%
  • Currently single, with some prospects.

Votes: 39 10.6%
  • Going steady.

Votes: 12 3.3%
  • Going steady with a gamer!

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • Living with my SO.

Votes: 28 7.6%
  • Living with my gamer SO!

Votes: 14 3.8%
  • Engaged.

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • Engaged to a gamer.

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • Happily married.

Votes: 107 29.0%
  • Happily married to a gamer.

Votes: 99 26.8%

OK, so the stereotype of the gamer is the desperate, socially awkward type drooling over booth babes at conventions. Of course, the gamers I know aren't actually like that, and neither am I. So let's see what the browsers on ENWorld are like.

BTW, I'm engaged to a very tolerant non-gamer woman.

ChefOrc

First Post
I am married to a non-gamer that sometimes borders on the game-hater side when I spend to much time preparing my campaign ... it is not always easy, but it is very rewarding on many other aspects.

Crothian

First Post
DreadPirateMurphy said:
OK, so the stereotype of the gamer is the desperate, socially awkward type drooling over booth babes at conventions.

I don't drool...... :lol:

Last edited:

shaylon

First Post
Live with my SO who is not a gamer. She is pretty cool about it but it is only a once a week campaign and I am not the DM. If I were it might be a little different but I still think she would be ok with it, just maybe not as ok as she is now.

-Shay

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
It made me so happy when my wife, fiancee at the time, did not like D&D but had no problem with me playing.

I had a gf who was into gaming.
She was the classic queen bee psycho.
Ruined me for every gamer lady out there as I always saw bad aspects of her in them.

Chaos_Kitten

First Post
My fiancee and I met when I showed up to join an open game he was going to run. I hoped he liked me for me and not because I was only one of two girls out of the 22 or so people that showed up. :p

Now we have a house together. So we can watch our collection of various gaming paraphernalia devour all the space.

Ghostwind

First Post
Been married 16 years to a non-gaming wife that has a definite dislike for RPGs mostly due to the dark imagery that is used in gaming books. She tolerates everything, but it is all kept in our laundry room and not on the bookshelves in the foyer. She also doesn't care for the fact that our kids are becoming interested in gaming, but that's a whole other argument.

Remove ads