• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamer Significant Others

What is your dating status?

• Dating? Is that a new RPG?

Votes: 35 9.5%
  • Currently single, with some prospects.

Votes: 39 10.6%
  • Going steady.

Votes: 12 3.3%
  • Going steady with a gamer!

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • Living with my SO.

Votes: 28 7.6%
  • Living with my gamer SO!

Votes: 14 3.8%
  • Engaged.

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • Engaged to a gamer.

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • Happily married.

Votes: 107 29.0%
  • Happily married to a gamer.

Votes: 99 26.8%

orchid blossom

Explorer
Married my gamer husband about three weeks ago, but we've been together five years. We don't always game together, but we both understand the need to play. :)

Xath

Moder-gator
I moved in with my gamer boyfriend in September. For both of us, gaming is like crack. It's an addiction that needs to be fed.

This is not meant to insinuate that I'm a crack addict, just that I assume that I enjoy gaming as much as the proverbial crack "ho" does his or her smack.

Altalazar

First Post
I've been happily married for about seven years. I now have a beautiful daughter (two months old). My wife is not a gamer, but perhaps my kids will be. I did start dating later than usual (19 or so) and never was much of a social butterfly, but I had many dates and several girlfriends before I met my wife.

Really, you only need to meet your spouse-to-be once.

I've also known several gaming couples, one of which I set up (by inviting them both to my game) and one of which I still game with (they were already together when I met them, but they got married later).

Psion

Adventurer
My wife does not game. She tried but didn't get into it. She board games, but she doesn't get the whole roleplaying/imagination aspect. She dug it more when we used the battlemat and there was a mini she could focus on.

Surprised at how many there are of my type in the poll.

Happily married to a gamer.

We met when I moved in the area, and got into the local game group. She was the GM. We were dating within six months, engaged in a year (for over a year, sigh) and married happily for 16 years. She is also into computer/video games, comics, fantasy and SF, manga, M:tG (got into it when I did), and still GMs. We do solo stuff back and forth, besides the once a week group game.

Yes, I'm gloating. :p

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Happily married for the last 16 years (and gaming with her for the last 23 years).....although in response to first poll response, if memory service dating could definately be considered to be an RPG of sorts (which I hopefully will never have to play again).

DungeonmasterCal said:
Where's the category for in the divorce process? She also used to game.

Well, if you're OK posting it, then I guess you could put where you'll be once the divorce is final? (Hopefully not married already, unless you're a bigamist.)

The_Universe

First Post
DreadPirateMurphy said:
Well, if you're OK posting it, then I guess you could put where you'll be once the divorce is final? (Hopefully not married already, unless you're a bigamist.)
No, you'd have to talk to Torm about that. :p ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads