• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamer Significant Others

What is your dating status?

• Dating? Is that a new RPG?

Votes: 35 9.5%
  • Currently single, with some prospects.

Votes: 39 10.6%
  • Going steady.

Votes: 12 3.3%
  • Going steady with a gamer!

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • Living with my SO.

Votes: 28 7.6%
  • Living with my gamer SO!

Votes: 14 3.8%
  • Engaged.

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • Engaged to a gamer.

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • Happily married.

Votes: 107 29.0%
  • Happily married to a gamer.

Votes: 99 26.8%

genshou

First Post
My girlfriend and I have only been together for a little over 3 months. I've already managed to convince her to give dice-based gaming a try (we're both free-form role-players, in fact that's how we met). We'll see how it goes. :heh:

Templetroll

Explorer
My social life improved with playing D&D since we usually had women in our gaming groups.

I met my wife at a game of D&D, along with several people who became good friends and one fellow who became my boss a couple years later. So, gaming has been very very good to me! :D

kenobi65

First Post
I met my lovely bride of 13 years through gaming...she'd gone to high school with one of the members of my first gaming group.

She's always been a gamer, but, over the years, she's gotten even more "into it". Now, she's the one who pushes me to set up and run games more often. :) She's also the one who keeps me honest and doesn't let me get away with running simplistic hack-and-slash dungeons.

I acknowledge I'm a lucky SOB.

StupidSmurf

First Post
During my college years, I actually saw a marked increase in female gamers in my group. When I made some roundabout inquiries as to why, the answer was...

"......well, a lot of us know that to play this game you have to have a modicum of brains...also, if the guys are spending Saturdays playing AD&D, they're not seeing anyone. So...a bunch of us saw it as a great way to meet eligible intelligent guys!"

Had to admit, it made sense.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
StupidSmurf said:
During my college years, I actually saw a marked increase in female gamers in my group. When I made some roundabout inquiries as to why, the answer was...

"......well, a lot of us know that to play this game you have to have a modicum of brains...also, if the guys are spending Saturdays playing AD&D, they're not seeing anyone. So...a bunch of us saw it as a great way to meet eligible intelligent guys!"

Had to admit, it made sense.
Hehehe. It was a great way to meet single, intelligent guys. From my groups the eligible part would have been in question since a few of them got so nervous around gals that they pretty much couldn't function. It's creepy to see a guy quiver and shake when a new female player showed up...

Remove ads