• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamer Significant Others

What is your dating status?

• Dating? Is that a new RPG?

Votes: 35 9.5%
  • Currently single, with some prospects.

Votes: 39 10.6%
  • Going steady.

Votes: 12 3.3%
  • Going steady with a gamer!

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • Living with my SO.

Votes: 28 7.6%
  • Living with my gamer SO!

Votes: 14 3.8%
  • Engaged.

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • Engaged to a gamer.

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • Happily married.

Votes: 107 29.0%
  • Happily married to a gamer.

Votes: 99 26.8%

radferth

First Post
Happily married to a non-gamer. Now that we have a kid, the non-gamer-ness actually helps, as we have no conflict of interest from wanting to join the same campaign. I would like to add that being married in no way makes me not socially awkward or prevents me from drooling over booth babes (in as tasteful and chaste a manner as possible).

reedu21

First Post
My wife and I were both gamers before we met, though we met through a college theater group rather than gaming. We've been married for 5+ years and just had our first child six months ago. At that time, we missed one session of a bi-weekly FR campaign (she plays, I co-DM) and none of my Eberron campaign that runs on the other weeks (she plays, I DM). I did drop out of another weekly FR game for a few months, but I'm back to that again now.

Of the people I currently game with: there is 1 other gaming couple, four married guys whose wives don't game, one guy who is engaged to a non-gamer, and four single guys.

Married to a woman who games. She's not really a gamer, she just plays D&D 3rd editon. But she's willing to try other stuff. This weekend we are going to play Star Wars (the West End d6 system). But she does paint minis really well.

But, the geek in his basement is really not true any more (if it was ever true). WotC done some research on gamers & found out they're more normal (take like you'd like it guys) than any of the stereotypes that exist.

Sanackranib

First Post
happily married to a former gamer who is no longer interested in playing the game, and who has WAY too many other time commitments to be a regular player anyway.

TheGM

First Post
Happily married to a fellow gamer. My evil twin, we work together, we play together, we do it all together.

And after 11 years, we're still thrilled about it. Well except for times like tonight when I dumped the possibility of armageddon on one of my gaming worlds... She's gonna lead the revolution for that one, I think :D

Cam Banks

Adventurer
StupidSmurf said:
Our gaming group breaks down like this:

I run the game. My wife is one of the players.
There's two other married couples, both couples play.
Three single guys.
And my three kids, ages 18-12.

So basically, half our group is composed of married people, three couples to be exact. Pretty cool, IMO!

That's very similar to my group!

There are two of us who run games, each with his own campaign in which the other plays in. Our wives are also players. There's another couple who play, a married guy whose wife doesn't play, and two single guys. All of our kids are under the age of 5, though, so they're not quite ready yet.

Cheers,
Cam

StupidSmurf

First Post
Cam Banks said:
That's very similar to my group!

There are two of us who run games, each with his own campaign in which the other plays in. Our wives are also players. There's another couple who play, a married guy whose wife doesn't play, and two single guys. All of our kids are under the age of 5, though, so they're not quite ready yet.

Cheers,
Cam

Very cool, Cam! In a previous incarnation of our group, we DID have someone else who ran a parallel game, essentially in a different area of the Forgotten Realms than where I had mine. Some trouble started when it became obvious that his game was a bit...well...dull (the campaign was called Sideport, but it became known as Sidebored). ;)

Remove ads