Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 2: Vegas!

Jemal

Visitor
OOC:
Sorry, thought I'd posted an update to this.. Not sure what happened to it, but I do remember writing... ><

The majority of the group meets up back at the lab before heading back out. Unfortunately there's only the one entrance/exit, so they'll be going out the way they came in.
Considering the fuss Uomo is about to cause, they decide to forgo the stealth and clear a path for his and Material Girls exit. The powerful mutants readily blow through the guards they come across, though between Felix's weight distracting Enoch, and the general strain of the day, they miss a guard who manages to get in a lucky shot, injuring Grid.
Shadow quickly grabs their injured colleague, throwing him over her OTHER shoulder and carrying both the unconscious men, barely slowing as the rest disable the remaining guards. They arrive at the staircase going up as sirens go off and Uomo radios that the job is done, asking why Grid hasn't silenced the alarm.

While Uomo and Material Girl rush through the hallways, Frost freeze the solid and locked doors and Cass blasts them open. They wait a couple moments to be reunited before heading up together with their spoils. The guards upstairs are much less experienced, and don't even get a shot off as the crowd bursts out and tosses them aside. Bursting out into an alley, they hear the sirens in the distance - apparently someone DID end up calling the authorities - you recognize Fire, Police, and ambulance sirens only a couple minutes away.

OOC:
I know you guys could've possibly gotten out without a scratch, but it's less dramatic, and Grid will be leaving the party - I'm not killing him, just giving some motivation for the character to take some time off until such time as JKason (Hopefully) returns.
Also, will be posting some stuff OOC. Please check the OOC thread for news in the near future.
 

Voda Vosa

Visitor
"Alright..." Uomo gasps, catching his breath. "That could have gone better, and..." he gasps again "Worst also, so I say good overall." he finishes. "We need to get out here presto, lets get to the hotel, take whatever we left there and pull out in the van. We can drive in the desert and arrange a plane or chopper to pick us up there." the immortal spy says, making a run towards the hotel.
 

Walking Dad

Visitor
Frost

"Me? Into the desert? Are you kidding me?" Frost says, but doesn't argue the point. He just hopes for an air condition and that they take enough water with them.

[sblock=OOC]

----

Frost

HP 2

conditions: fine

defenses:
DODGE 7
PARRY 7
FORTITUDE 9
TOUGHNESS 13 (13 Impervious)
WILL 8

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]
 

Jemal

Visitor
The group makes their way back to the hotel, managing to avoid attention, with Enoch -while somewhat distracted - managing to hide Grid and the still unconscious 'living bomb' so people don't remember a large group hustling a couple seemingly injured men through the streets.
Arriving at the hotel several minutes later, they Lay him down and look over the wound - none of them have any medical training, but Uomo's seen enough wounds to be able to identify that the bullet went all the way through, and conclude that with some bandaging he'll be fine - though probably not very active for a while. They quickly wrap the wound while others pack up and they get ready to check out.
The Arab bomb is stirring more, and will likely be awake before they leave the hotel.
OOC:
Is Uomo translating for the german Pyro (Michelle)'s benefit? From what you've been able to tell so far she can understand English with some degree of effort, but not very well. Also does Uomo plan on contacting Claudia before/during/after your exit from Vegas?
How's Felix doing?
Looked over all the sheets, nobody has any skills in Treatment, but Uomo has Jack of all trades for a +4 check. I'll say that's enough to put Grid back together with some help once they're in the hotel. May need to burn some sheets & Towels though.
 
Last edited:

Voda Vosa

Visitor
Uomo translates to Michelle enough for her to not feel excluded, but not enough for her to acutely understand what's going on. He turns at her for a moment. "Your comrade is about to wake up dear, do you think you can keep him at bay? Sedation is not very pleasant, nor is to be knocked unconscious, but I will resort to that kind of devices to keep him from detonating." Uomo tells her, faking his Russian accent in german.
Uomo's thoughts drift to Claudia for a moment, the voluptuous exotic dancer. He wished to tell her everything went as planned, but with Grid out, he couldn't risk a phone call. He hand another idea though. As the rest finished packing, Uomo picks up the phone, and calls a flower house, and orders flowers for her with a card: "Everything went as sweet as you. I'll call."
Secretive. Uomo loves secretive. He chuckled to himself for a work well done.
 

Jemal

Visitor
"Don't worry, his fuse is longer than mine.. usually." Michelle smirks at Uomo and turns to greet her arabic friend so he doesn't awaken amidst strangers.

OOC:
Nice move with the flowers.
 

Shayuri

Visitor
Cassandra looks back from where she's gazing out the sliding glass door onto the balcony.

"So...this wound up being a bit more than we bargained for," she says to Uomo, her reporter's talent for understatement surfacing once again. "What the hell do we do now? I'm not a big fan of turning over bioweapons to militant groups...but they're going to expect some kind of results."
 

Voda Vosa

Visitor
Uomo seems frozen in solid for a moment. He looks between Cassandra and the german chick, checking if she overheard her.
<assuming she didn't as she was busy with nukehead boy>
He relaxes, and approaches Casandra, warping an arm around her shoulders, pointing her at the glass door. "Its easy, we destroyed it all, planted a bomb and blew the nefarious..." he takes a vial out of his trenchcoat "...seemingly harmless liquid to dust." and he pockets it again. "We'll deliver them too, they both owe us their lives, we can use that; even more if we don't tell them anything." he points at Michelle and the arabian man. "All in all, we obliterated their weapons, rescued their agents and no one knows what the hell happened. I think that's results, e vero?."
 

Zerith

Visitor
Once at the hotel room, Felix either woke up, or stop trying to nap and gingerly got off Enoch’s shoulders… he was not supposed to be feeling this bad… much less for this long; he felt like he was going to die, if asked he would say he knew it.
He landed and stumbled a bit before trotting off to the bathroom, he had left his backpack there and took his sweet time. “The German Chick” may or may not have found it odd that the cat not only went into the bathroom, but also closed the door behind itself…. Before locking the door…
Felix went into the room on four legs and came out on two, he also had the complementary box of tissue paper in one hand and a readied, but unused, one in the other.
Felix had taken back to his hybrid form, but was notably hunched over, the transformation apparently either had not finished, or he could not be bothered to take a proper poster

Further, he was visibly tired, he was downtrodden, still scraped up, and he looked utterly malnourished. If it was not for his short stature, Felix might have been a frightening sight with his sunken eyes; instead he was simply a bit bizarre. Moving through the hotel room, Felix waddled into the kitchen, put the single tissue down, still holding the box, opened the fridge and proceeded to grab the carton of… Low fat, Soy, Milk. “...warum...“ Felix grumbled as he popped it open before guzzling it down, ravenously: if he had not known better, he would have sworn it was whole milk just then.
[OoC: Warum, German for “why”, I think :p]

He had nearly finished it, taking a brief pause to breath and let out a satisfied, sighing “Ahhh…” before the tell tail singes of a sneeze appeared: he then proceeded to jerk with a hop as he sneezed. The opened container managed to withhold its contents before he started to take short, sharp breaths again; he was very confused by this and he scrambled to put the carton down before drawing a new tissue from the box and sneezing into it. He looked around with anxiety… it was obvious he had no clue what had just, was just happening; the only time he sneezed, was because something made me do so, but this seemed utterly random to him.
 

Voidrazor

Visitor
Enoch keeps looking from Grid to Felix to the living bomb guy with an uneasy expression deepening on his face. "So spy stuff isn't exactly in my wheelhouse, but with a couple of us hurt and fallout boy ready to really light up the Vegas strip ... um, shouldn't we be heading for the secret hideout or something, rather than hanging out in a hotel room?"
 

Jemal

Visitor
OOC: Will you be staying at the Hotel for a bit or getting out of Vegas ASAP? If leaving, how and where to?
Grid's stabilized but should see someone with actual training.
Obviously you can't take a plane safely with Grid shot and dragging a wanted terrorist with you. If Enoch's Pushing failed at the wrong time you'd be in hot water..
 

Walking Dad

Visitor
OOC: What are the recovery rules in this game? They are obviously changed from the standard rules. Or is the Grid situation some kind of situation based complication. I, for example, didn't bother with taking a healing skill because of the comic nature of wounds in the core rules.
 

Jemal

Visitor
OOC: It's situational b/c the player is currently out. Usually wounds are not serious, but this one is a 'serious' wound not using the standard damage or recovery rules.
 

Shayuri

Visitor
Uomo seems frozen in solid for a moment. He looks between Cassandra and the german chick, checking if she overheard her.
<assuming she didn't as she was busy with nukehead boy>
He relaxes, and approaches Casandra, warping an arm around her shoulders, pointing her at the glass door. "Its easy, we destroyed it all, planted a bomb and blew the nefarious..." he takes a vial out of his trenchcoat "...seemingly harmless liquid to dust." and he pockets it again. "We'll deliver them too, they both owe us their lives, we can use that; even more if we don't tell them anything." he points at Michelle and the arabian man. "All in all, we obliterated their weapons, rescued their agents and no one knows what the hell happened. I think that's results, e vero?."
Cassandra nods, still clearly ill at ease. "Yeah, I guess so. Not exactly what they asked for, but...no plan survives meeting the enemy...contact...or whatever."

She shakes her head and shrugs out of Uomo's good-natured arm-wrap to turn and look at him. More quietly she adds, "We might want to ask if they want to go back. They were pretty much left out to dry after all."
 

Jemal

Visitor
After patching up Grid and waiting for Michelle to explain the situation to her companion (Who, as it turns out, is somewhat of a Linguist himself), the crew cleans up their mess and hops into the van, heading out of town. By the time they are on the highway, the radio is informing them of a mutant terrorist attack on Mercury Labs.

"The head scientist of local Pharmecuticals research facility Mercury Labs, Doctor Noah White, has stated that millions of dollars of damage have been done, and that the terrorists may have gotten away with dangerous viruses that were being used for vaccine and treatment research, as well as destroying a years worth of work. There are currently no leads on the terrorists, but the FBI and Homeland Security have been called in.
In International Meta-human news, a Chinese task force this morning rescued a young girl who was kidnapped three days ago. Armed with a newly unclassified 'energy weapon' designed to 'fight the growing threat of advanced Meta-human aggression', the highly trained team was able to take out the girls super-powered captor, though not without casualties.
The National People's Congress is set to hear proposals for legislation to enable law enforcement to better ensure the safety of the Chinese people."

The drive from Vegas to the cabin in the mountains will be 16 hours, if there are no detours.

OOC: Alright since nothing else seems to be going on, I'm going to skip to the 'drive the hell outta dodge' plan. You're currently on the road, are there any plans before going to meet Phoenix again?
Also, yes it does seem like kind of a crappy outcome, but that was kinda the point of this chapter - no matter what you did, something bad was likely to happen. China may have been pushed one step further from good mutant relations, but you've dealt a substantial blow to Lyon's genocide plans.
 

Voda Vosa

Visitor
Before in the Hotel room:

Uomo raises his populated eyebrows. "You are correct, at least at some extent. They did send us in there too, probably not expecting much. However, I reckon that if their desire is to quit, they'll let me know. Let's hope to get away from here quick enough, come, lets go..."

On the road, on the road, on the road again, here we go...

Uomo was driving of course, although he didn't plan to drive all the 16 hours straight to that forsaken cabin. He also didn't plan to take a plane, that will just be suicidal. Probably the airports have been delivered with pictures of Michelle's and ... "What was your name again comrade? My memory is feeble." Uomo turns on his seat, keeping one hand on the wheel, to look back at the Arabian man, with a smile on his bearded face. The van drifts towards the edge of the road, and Frost's pull of his trenchcoat is the only thing that gets Uomo's attention back on driving and getting the van from crashing on the road side. "Nice catch Frosty, HA!"
<Reply Arabian man?>
"So, friends: we'll have a nice family trip today, we are about 15 hours from our destination. Although I do need to stop by to get some stuff, and try to find a plane, so we are going to take a detour. I hope your seats are comfortable enough comrades." Uomo says, merrily as always. Keeping the spirit up was always good in tense situations. "You are both Germans, dha?" Uomo looks between Michele and Felix. "Dha?" Uomo's attempt to generate cheap chat is interrupted by the radio news.
"Uh terrorists." Uomo says, raising and lowering his eyebrows, as the news of China were voiced. He sends a furtive look towards Shadow, "See, most things ended fine, except the Chinese comrades now hate us too."
 

jkason

Visitor
Terry Quinlan, The Grid

Terry didn't remember much after the guns starting firing. There had been a hot, searing pain in his stomach, and he remembered something sticky on his hands. He flashed momentarily to some of the hypergore in some of his favorite shooters. This was tame in comparison, but the games didn't make him queasy, or take his legs out from under him.

After that, it was little more that chaotic flashes. He mixed up sirens and screams, remembered a lot of jostling that made his stomach ache worse. He thought someone was speaking a foreign language, but he never knew when Uomo was going to shift to a new persona, anyway, so he just sort of assumed that was what happened.

It wasn't until they were on the road that life stopped being some fading back-and-forth montage. Crowded in a van with his companions, as well as several new additions, Terry tried to push himself up onto his elbows, but it felt like someone was punching him in the stomach. He hissed and fell back again. His mouth was dry, his throat scratchy. He couldn't seem to manage words, so instead he just reached out mentally with a generic Where the hell are we?.

The radio piped up something about being in between "your place for rock" and "your place for smooth jazz." About as helpful as anything subjected to public airwaves was likely to be to him. Probably best they didn't have a GPS on the vehicle itself, anyway.

So, they were on the road, at least. And alive. That was good, though he could do without the jabbing pain in his stomach.
 
Last edited:

BBs

Visitor
Laura sighs "Well at least the girl is okay. How are we going to get on to a plane, the airports would be guarded ... or do you mean FIND a plane?" She looks quizzically at Uomo until Grid spoke "Hey you're up! How are you feeling?" Great Laura, give your mind a mind palm for stating and questioning the obvious!

OOC: Dang Grid posteda few seconds right before I did hehe.
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top