• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 2: Vegas!

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

Frost sees the potentially liquid spilling on his ally and nearly freezes in shock (no pun intended) and holds his breath. I was to late for him to do anything for Felix, but maybe he could stop a spread? In all the bioweapon / contamination movies he watched, the survivors fled to the north, hoping the airborne diseases not able to survive the cold. And cold was his specialty.
He mentally "wills" the room temperature to sink rapidly hopefully to contain any spreading influence.

[sblock=OOC]

Frost uses environmental control to sink the room temperature to extreme cold. Not enough to damage his allies instantly, but hopefully to kill the potential microorganisms.

----

Frost

HP 2

conditions: fatigued

defenses:
DODGE 7
PARRY 7
FORTITUDE 9
TOUGHNESS 13 (13 Impervious)
WILL 8

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
The temperature in the room drops - First metaphorically as a collective chill of fear runs through the gathered mutants, and then Literally as Frost siphons all the heat from the room. Suddenly they are standing in a meat locker, capable of producing frostbite in minutes. Uomo's body temperature immediately picks up, his regenerative powers working overtime fighting the growing frostbite.
Normally Felix's body would do the same, but he can feel something is wrong. The liquid soaking into his fur causes his skin to tingle for a few seconds before the subzero temperatures freeze it solid. The cat quickly scrapes it off, tearing a small patch of skin away that is stuck to the ice, and watches in horror as the skin fails to grow back.

With a gasp, the first scientist - the one who'd been shot in the head by Uomo's rubber bullet - wakes up from the startling cold. "What.. What's going on?" He glances to one side and sees the second scientist huddled in a ball clutching his head, then looks towards Felix, sees his horrified expression, and follows people's gaze to the empty vial.
"Dear god, please tell me that's not the one I was holding.."

OOC: Frost has the 2 per rank version of environment control and so can make Extreme Cold. If you keep it up for more than a minute everybody will need saves.
Felix gains one HP for A temporary complication: Power loss (Regeneration). There will also be other side effects in the future but for now that's all that you notice.

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra skirts widely around the spot Felix is standing and yanks the newly awakened scientist away as well, sliding him across the floor over to where she's standing. She's not dressed for this temperature and is already shivering, but doesn't question the need for it.

"Antidote," she says tersely, through chattering teeth. "That wasn't the one you were holding. It was on the rack. Felix, is there a label? There might be different strains." She focuses on the scientist, hauling him up to his feet with invisible, irresistable force. "He'll tell you which it is, you tell us where the counteragent is."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo points at Frost "I like how you think. You're in charge of this mess, find Copycat a cure, make the scientist cooperate. Enoch, whatever you did to that guy, screw us up. Fix it. We are switching teams: Material Girl, Shadow come with me. The rest sort this out." Uomo quickly delivers orders. Felix would be Ok, he wasn't dead, or reverting to human form for the moment. His rapid healing seems to be effectively gone, as his skin was not healing and he was shaking. These people would be either mad or imbeciles if they didn't keep an antidote. But the time was running out, and they'll had to worry about a hell lot more if they weren't gone pronto. He turn to leave once he gets an acknowledgement from the rest, specially Frost and the two woman.

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

Frost nods with gritted teeth. At least the effect of whatever it is seems to be instantly. He concentrates to keep the temperature low, just to be sure. Cassandra seems to have the questioning well in hand.

[sblock=OOC]

Frost uses environmental control to sink the room temperature to extreme cold. Not enough to damage his allies instantly, but hopefully to kill the potential microorganisms.

----

Frost

HP 2

conditions: fatigued

defenses:
DODGE 7
PARRY 7
FORTITUDE 9
TOUGHNESS 13 (13 Impervious)
WILL 8

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Zerith

First Post
Felix dropped to his knees, his feet splaying out besides him, his hand eased down, his mouth dropped and the open vial, still in mouth, rolled out of his mouth, into his lap, as a pained flinch infused his blank facial expression, the idea of an antidote was only on his mind for a moment. “It Is the cure, from their prospective… making an antidote for it would be like making one for any other cure or a vaccine, it defeats the entire point of it… the cure to cancer can be fatal…” Felix monologued blankly while binding his lower left lip in his teeth, before letting out a crazed, broken laughter “But it does not stop people from using it, seeking it out even, and no one has asked for the antidote even if the chemo ends up killing them before the cancer ever had a chance to do so!” He cackled out before he took a gasping breath and, after taking in a breath full of the cooled air, he coughed from the shocking cold, dismay filled his expression as the unknown experience punched him in the chest.

He honestly thought he was dying right then, right there; His eyes betrayed this mindset, with abject terror, tears started to go down his face, but froze neatly on his fur. Felix clenched up and held his sides; he fell onto his side as he held back another cough. He landed with a thud, that was far more painful than he was expecting it to be, given that was expecting it to be nearly nothing.
Felix flinched and then instinctively curled up into a ball… a task that was much harder than he was use too… much harder than it should have been to bend. 'I Don’t want to die. I Don’t want to die. I Don’t want to die.' Was Felix’s single thought right now, the mission, everything else, family, friends, the others, none of it mattered to him at that moment, all he knew right then was, he really, Really, did not want to die today, but he had to Admit it... "I'm going yo die." with a muted, pathetic, wheezing yelp of plight.

[Sblock=OoC] just a reminder, Even though he is only a little over three feet tall right now, he is still one hundred and ten pounds, and I don’t think anyone can safely lift him without noticing his weight ;3[/Sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Copycat, you're not going to die, so gather yourself up soldier! You are a trained agent, behave as such. Move people, move!" Simple words, yet effective, Uomo's inspirational speech rises the morale of everyone.

I'll use inspire now, everyone has a +2 to all checks on this scene. I thought I'll save it for big mean combat, but this seems like a more dramatic break point.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Copycat, you're not going to die, so gather yourself up soldier! You are a trained agent, behave as such. Move people, move!" Simple words, yet effective, Uomo's inspirational speech rises the morale of everyone.

I'll use inspire now, everyone has a +2 to all checks on this scene. I thought I'll save it for big mean combat, but this seems like a more dramatic break point.

Voda Vosa

First Post

Remove ads