• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 2: Vegas!

BBs

First Post
With her cat friend's plight, and the cold temperature dropping, Laura felt the pit of despair in her stomach. Just then Uomo's determination and inspiration of not giving up gave her hope. She turns to Uomo and says through her chattering teeth "Y-y-y-you lead, I'll follow." She stands shivering but waiting to follow Uomo.

Jemal

Adventurer
Uomo's confidence rubs off on the others, and they begin moving. He, Laura, and Katrina head out the door as Cassandra questions the reawakened scientist.
<Lab>
The scientist visibly relaxes. "We'll be fine. The vials we were working on here were the least virulent, this cold should have killed the agents within seconds. Except for that one - It's complete." He stands slowly, looking at Frost "You surprised me. Didn't figure on Cold..." He shivers, smiling slightly as he glances at Felix "I doubt you'll be having a good day, but you'll live. Whatever damage that bioagent was going to do has been done. Have you lost your powers?"

He seems incredibly confident considering that he's surrounded by hostile mutants and malevolent bioagents.
Cassandra, now standing beside him, notices that he has no bruise or mark where he was shot by Uomo.

<Corridors>
Uomo, Laura, and Katrina head back into the corridors and start towards the vault, Grid directing them by camera, though it will take a few minutes to reach their destination - hopefully undetected.

Jemal

Adventurer
The scientist looked over at her "Why am I helping to cure dangerous genetic defects?" His face is incredulous, as if that were the most ridiculous question he's ever heard. "So that terrorists like you can't keep doing things like this."

Shayuri

First Post
"Dangerous defects?! Like your ability to heal gunshot wounds?" Cassandra demands. "We're only doing this because you're threatening us! ALL of this could have been avoided!"

She has to consciously ease up on the telekinetic force then, as her anger ratchets up.

"I notice you haven't 'cured' your own."

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Material Girl tried to sneak down the corridor but she's obviously unnerved by the spill. "I hope Felix will be OK" she wisphers.

Voidrazor

First Post
As Cassandra argues with the scientist, Enoch silently worms his way into his mind. The fear that had been on the teenager's face slowly hardens into cold fury as Uomo's confidence infects him. Once he has a solid grip on the scientist's thought processes Enoch speaks. "You can't move. Other than breathing and answering questions, you can't move a muscle. Your buddy gibbering on the floor over there, his last coherent thought, perhaps ever, was to resist answering my questions. Obviously, his last thought was none too clever. But you're sharper than that right? So lets get started. Is there, and if so where is an antidote to this 'cure'?" He practically sneers that last word.

Then Enoch continues the questioning from where the first scientist lost it. But this time he pauses waiting for the answer before continuing to the next. He also watches the man's mental state carefully, making sure that the guy doesn't snap due to previous psychic conditioning or similar unforeseen problems. Where is the Jail where the other mutant are being kept? ... Where is the Vault? ... Beyond computer files, what would this facility have to loose to cause this project to have to restart at square one? ... What are the labs procedures in case of fire? ... In case of biological outbreak? ... Who is in charge of this facility? ... Who funds it? ... What information are you aware of that the directors of this project would most want to prevent mutants from discovering? ... What are the names of the other people working this project? ... Who else do you know who could potentially restart the project if it were destroyed? ... Are you aware of any other meta-human related projects? ... Tell me what you know about them."

Jemal

Adventurer
Cassandra's outburst causes the scientist to take a half-step back. "Heal gunshot wounds?" His hand heads up to his temple where the bump had been moments ago. "I thought I'd just hit my head when i fell. I didn't know it had progessed so far.. If I can redistribute the kinetic force from a gunshot even while unconscious.. Wait.. You shot an Unarmed unconscious scientist IN THE HEAD and you have the AUDACITY to call ME dangerous?
His eyes grow angry and he steps towards Cassandra when Enoch starts to speak to him.

The scientist looks over at Enoch "Mind Control. You types are the worst of the lot. Stealing a persons will, forcing them to do as you command. Slavery at its finest. If I could, I'd save the cure for the rest of the mutants and use YOUR kind to replace LAB RATS. Its the only way you monsters will ever contribute to society."
He shakes his head "You really don't get it do you? You cant CURE a CURE. You could be altered again, but not the same way."

OOC: Shay, not sure what you meant by 'ease up on the telekinetic force'. Last time I remember Cass using TK was to suffocate the scientist. Or did you just mean she's controlling herself to avoid using it?
*Edit: OK, just reread the post about Cass Yanking the scientist across the floor. I must've missed it.. Lets assume you didn't do that b/c if you had it would change everything that's happened since.

Shayuri

First Post
"I don't buy it," Cassandra replied, struggling to keep a lid on. "I'm no scientist, but someone's genetics aren't a disease, with germs or viruses you can just kill to make it all better. You must be putting something into the victim that goes in, and makes changes. So if that can be interrupted, something can go in and stop that from happening...then you can stop it from working. And if there's pet mutants working on the project, then I think you'd keep something like that handy, just in case of an accident."

Her eyes harden. "I don't think you get to judge us either, after doing something like this. I'm not saying I'm a big fan of..." Cass stopped herself before she said anyone's names. "...of everything we've done so far, but when you put people's back against a wall, you don't get the best out of them. People fight dirty when it's a fight for survival."

Then something else occurred to her. She tilted her head slightly, regarding the scientist. "But...this isn't about curing mutants. It can't be. No money in that. This is a private organization, a corporation. Where's the profit in this? Who's paying for it?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"He will be dear, there's nothing to be afraid of, yet." Uomo's smile should be reassuring, although he himself was nervous about the whole thing. What could have happened to him, if his slow aging mutation gave off? Would he turn into a screaming skeleton like in that old Indiana Jones movie? "How far are we from the detention area, Grid?" He asks the mutant hacker, keeping a fast peace and determined demeanour.

Remove ads