• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 2: Vegas!

Jemal

Adventurer
<lab>
"Faulty Genes aren't Diseases? Ever heard of Ashtma, Diabetes, Heart Disease, Infertility.. Cancer!? Genetic disorders can be treated. We can eradicate or fix the faulty DNA which is causing these problems. We can also reproduce it. That bioagent causes changes on a CELLULAR level. And you are very correct that people will fight dirty when it's for survival. And that is EXACTLY what we're doing here. Fighting for the survival of the human species."

He stands near Felix, looking down at the scared cat-man as Cass questions the profits. "You're right. For me, it is about the cure, but they didn't care. But what would governments pay to give their soldiers these abilities? Or to take away the abilities of their enemies? THAT is what the company wants. But they're not going to get it. Now that we have the cure, the research is unimportant. I know it works, I don't need to test it. Go ahead, destroy everything, blow up the building, wipe out the research! You'll only be aiding my cause. Everything I need is in here." He taps his head as he turns away from Felix with a cocky smile and wild, crazy eyes.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

Frost looks uncertain at the obvious lunatic.
May be the cure could make him normal again... or it would kill him, considering how fast it works and his inhuman body temperature.

[sblock=OOC]

----

Frost

HP 2

conditions: fatigued

defenses:
DODGE 7
PARRY 7
FORTITUDE 9
TOUGHNESS 13 (13 Impervious)
WILL 8

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Voidrazor

First Post
Enoch starts working on the other scientist again, silently trying to adjust the chaotic jumble of objects orbiting him on the mental plane back into a useful configuration. But that effort doesn't keep him from reacting to the crazy guy. "Wow, this guy! I'm still not keen on the whole murder thing. But self-hating mutant Mengele is definitely looking like a big problem if left to his own devices."

Shayuri

First Post
"What you're doing isn't fighting for survival," persists Cassandra, trying to break through that shell into something more meaningful. "It's genocide. You're not correcting genetic damage. You're wiping out a species. Changing them into something they were never born to be. And worse, you're putting the knowledge and the tools to do the same thing into the hands of people who won't have any restraint. What if the next client is a white-power supremecist who decides to 'correct' the 'genetic abnormality' of skin color? Are you ready to be the man who put this weapon up for sale to the highest bidder?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

Frost had suddenly a chilling thought: "And Imagine they don't want to 'cure' them, but just damage the 'wrong' genes to kill them. You speak about a forced rewriting, not curing. It can maybe used as a cure and for good, but it is a nightmare if weaponized."

[sblock=OOC]

----

Frost

HP 2

conditions: fatigued

defenses:
DODGE 7
PARRY 7
FORTITUDE 9
TOUGHNESS 13 (13 Impervious)
WILL 8

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
<lab>"Well then, you'd better do a thorough job wiping them out so that doesn't happen." The man sneers at Frost. "I'm not interested in debating philosophy with subhuman terrorists. Here's the deal. Let me leave and I won't tell anybody about you. I want this place destroyed too, I had just been planning to wait till Noah was here. I'll go take care of him myself while you destroy this facility. Your only alternative is to try to kill me." He starts creeping towards the door, his eyes flickering between Frost, Enoch, and Cass.

<Halls>
Grid continues guiding the second party towards detention, but warns them that there are guards stationed right outside the door who won't be able to be moved around. They'll have to deal with them when they get there.

OOC:
To the Hall team, sorry for the shortness, it takes a couple minutes in game to get there, and the situation in the lab is goign a bit faster than that, so I just wanna see what happens there before committing you guys to a future that may be altered by, say, explosions. :p
Not sure if some people are busy or not, haven't seen anything from JKason in a month, and not sure if Zerith is purposely having Felix stay 'cat'atonic (Sorry couldn't help the pun) or if he's busy.

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
[sblock=OoC] its like this EVERYTIME I get a post ready to go, A: Some one has rendered the post void, I get ot redo it, B: real life happens. C: Enworled gos down, fallowed by A/B -_-[/sblock]

Felix had been taking the chance to re-compose himself as the others talked; he stood himself up while the man spoke again. He was not as filled with confidence as the others, but at least he was not, too, mad with distress any more. He walked around, apparently forgotten. He stopped in front of the door, and then started a destruct, giggling laugh. “I Have never had less patience, been so short on time nor have I ever been neery so enraged as I am now” He chuckled with madness “We’re well past any aid you might have, and we’ve shown don’t have to care about racket at this point, and you seem to know what is going on here, I’m thinking you’re either going to cooperate, fully and utterly…” Felix started with a crazed glint in his eye as his hand found its way onto the door Or.. The glint deepened “I’m going to simply knock you out, with excessive force, and then we can start out with you waking up after being knocked out, again, but this time somewhere you don’t know! and bruised, partly broken, I really hope you give me any excuse…” It was becoming apparent the Felix might have taken the experience… exceedingly poorly and, every so mildly, cracked because of it.

On one side, at least he was smiling, on the other his clawed fingers were grating into the door, his tail was up and posed as if readying to pounce, yet he still stood, mostly, upright, his other hand was twitching by his side, claws peeking out whenever it twitched, and so too did his lower left eye twitch as a special kind of madness filled his face. It had a frame of work goals, a smidge of real pain, a drenching dunk in a pool of mortality, an inferno of raw rage, and a feral animal awakened from a long slumber, by getting prodded in its soft underbelly from a dead sleep, it was unimaginably perturbed. As far as he knew, he was still damned to die, painfully and slowly, he could not take the man’s word at face value was he through all the danger? not here at least. And then, all of his goals were long term, every single one, and this buffoon’s work made it so he could see none of them through; he had planned out the general things he was going to be doing, over the next century, now he was looking at what, months? Weeks? Days? Hours? He did not know, it frightened him, he did not like being frightened so, it made him want to stop thinking, and the more he did, the more he saw one thing.

Meat.

He really was quite famished by this point, climbing through air dukes was hard work.

Felix had never felt the bloodlust so strongly as then; if the man’s knowledge weren’t so valuable he knew, deep down, that he would be knocking the man senses otherwise; he wanted to knock the man about. In, and out, he breathed with a steamy mist blowing out from between bared, fanged, teeth. He giggled and chirped with madness again, but this time, it a more feral growl was starting to bleed through.
One had to wonder, was he a meta human, or a meta animal?
[Sblock=OoC]Oh yeah, so yeah, Felix is a little bit pissed, there was a long winded rant that has now been cut do to a lot of it already being covered but in short, if the guy dos anything the least be threatening or suddenly, or if he makes any sudden movements, reactionary or other wise, Felix is going to, try, to mule his face off ;3[/Sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
The Scientists eyes narrow, his face mirroring Felix's. "Oh how originally savage. Let's see you try."

Frost notices, looking at the scientist, that as he got angrier he was also getting hotter.. Not like the pyrochick before, but.. similar. As though he were producing or focusing some sort of intense energy, and the heat was a biological bi-product.

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]RL is a terror for me at the moment. Today's the first chance I've had any kind of block of time to post much at all that coincided with my not being brain dead. I'm very sorry to all for the delays it's causing. I'm likely to be at a very reduced posting rate for a while yet. :( [/sblock]

Remove ads