Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 2: Vegas!

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
This is why I ask people to say specifically what they're doing OOC. When you said trapped, attack roll, save, I presumed it was your affliction.
Since you used create, his action would actually have been successful at breaking out rather than failing to make the save to escape an affliction. I'll edit the previous post as such, and if you wish you can try to re-entrap him.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Sorry. Still wondering what happened. Did he dodged the effect, of did he just destroyed the toughness 11 ice? In the later case I'm glad he didn't hit a PC with the attack.

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: He's a damage shifted character over accuracy, and he's attacking a defenseless object, so chose to power attack and roll for finishing blow crit rather than take the auto-hit. He's normally a +8 atk/12 damage character, so +3/17 with power attack, only needed a 7 to hit the object, suceeded with a 12, so the toughness DC was 15+17(attack)+5(Crit)=37. With a +11 the ice needed a 16 to not break. It rolled a 5 (Which incidentally would've been enough to break even if without both power attack AND crit!). I also had planned to give him a +2 circumstance bonus for using fire vs ice, but it didn't matter.

Edit:
Also I'd forgotten to account for your heat vulnerability when he hit you last: gain a hero point but take an extra bruise.

*for the record, if he'd been attacking frost it would've hit(20) for a dc 27 save (no power attack), and the toughness of 5+11=16 would've been a knockout unless frost used a reroll.
so yes, good thing he didn't hit a PC.

Hope thats all clear now. I need actions from Frost and Kat. (also Enoch/Cass if they have any ideas/plans)

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

Frost tries to reduce his enemy's heat directly, cutting him of from his powers. He has never tried something like this before and he feels the strain of using his power in such an unusual way.

[sblock=OOC]

ranged att +8

using a HP to Powerstunt:
Nullify 7 (heat descriptor) (ranged, simultaneous, concentration, alt save Fortitude)

I assume heat is both a descriptor for his blast and his regeneration/ absorption as it generates heat, too)

----

Frost

HP 2

conditions: fatigued, -2 om damage saves

defenses:
DODGE 7
PARRY 7
FORTITUDE 9
TOUGHNESS 13 (13 Impervious)
WILL 8

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
Technically only his blast is 'heat' descriptor, the heat is just a by product of his absorption and consumption of energy, but I'll allow the cold effect to nullify both the Regen and the attack as it drains the heat he would have been using to power them for the round. However his ability to absorb energy is not something that can be nullified.
I've also re-read Nullify, and I'm going to say that Frost waits to use it as a readied action when the Scientist starts charging up for an attack, b/c from what I read, Nullify isn't all that great at turning powers off - they can be turned back on, and neither require an action to do so. So if you do it as a Ready during his turn, I'll say you can turn them off for his turn so he doesn't get them... Assuming your nullify is successful..
which unfortunately it is not. sorry :(
..Actually, Fudge that. It was a great idea, so I'm gonna say not only does it work, it's enough to basically end the fight.

<Lab>
Frost begins concentrating, focusing his energies as the Mad Scientist stands in front of the door and turns back to face him, his energy glowing as he charges for another attack. Frost reaches out then, siphoning the heat directly from the scientist as the heat builds, dissipating it. The scientist gasps as the heat drains from him, and stumbles back into the wall.
His heat signature is significantly decreased - more like that of someone with a bad fever. "NO! You won't stop my work!" He shouts. Pulling the door open, he glares at you. "We'll meet again!" he dives through the door and there is a flash of light. Frost reaches out to open it again, but it doesn't move, as though it's welded closed.

OOC:
Enoch, Cass, and Frost each gain a Hero Point for the scientist's escape, though he doesn't have the vial so that's a plus. If all three of you refuse the Hero Point, you can bust down the door quickly enough to chase after him and attempt to continue the fight in the hallway, or you can keep them and deal with Felix and the stuff in the lab.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: I'm fine with taking the Hero Point and letting him go. This feels very comic-hero like. But if the others insist on following, I'm fine doing that, too.
Thanks for letting the nullify work. Its low power rank is because of the concentration extra, which suppresses the powers as long as one spends a standard action each round to keep the effect up.

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: Ah, I hadn't noticed the concentration part, Will keep that in mind in the future. :)
Need [MENTION=33]DarwinofMind[/MENTION] to post for Kat in the hall.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
If Uomo's shot didn't take out the last guard, Kat will punch him. Otherwise she's going to go check if the one she knocked into the wall is still alive.

OOC:
Unarmed: +7 (+3 Fgt, +4Close Combat), damage +9 (+9 Str)

Defense:
Dodge: +3 (+3 base)
Parry: +6 (+3 base, +3 FGT)
Fortitude: +9 (+3 base, +9 STR)
Toughness: +9 (6 Impervious) (+3 Defensive Roll, +6 STA)
Will: +4 (+3 base +1 AWE)

Zerith

First Post
Felix had shrunken away massively, arguably smaller then when he had started, and definitely withered from the effort. He wheezed and breathed laboriously, but steadily while a steady flow of drool dripped out of the side of his still open mouth, he was out cold. His form becoming distinctively more feline.

Felix’s mindscape was, despite his apparent youth, old, as if it belonged to someone well past a century in age; it was a metropolis, and none of the structures were of the cookie cutter verity, each had been made individual, from the tallest spire to lowly hot dog stands, plural. The entire scape was well defined and apparently lived in, but empty of people, and crumbling as if time itself was on the march, sickly plants were starting to usurp the pavement., and work their way up the buildings.

Every object in it, even though it was in a state of flux and apparent decay, the plants grew and the structures fell apart at a vastly accelerated pace, was entirely defined, nothing simply changed, on its own, nothing simply vanished or appeared at random, if was ignored then looked for, it would be where it was left; not further, not nearer, not larger, not smaller, and not gone; it would simply be where it was.

Until one appeared, a cat, a very large yet very panicked cat that hadn’t a clue what was going on. Felix, or so it seemed; it did not take the cat long to sense the intrusion of Enoch. The cat did something, odd. It accelerated as it looked at the boy; it moved swiftly, as if it was stuck in fast forwards, then stopped briefly as it observed, its head, partially its eyes, moved unnaturally fast it ‘stopped’; it moved aroused Enoch a few times in the same manner.

It became, painfully, obvious that the ‘big cat’ was Felix when it changed into a hybrid form; A inconsistently finally appeared, he was fully clothed. Felix spoke, but it was little more than insane rake from Enoch’s senses. Felix’s expression was hard to gauge as he chirpingly rambled on. Then came an apparent, rumbling, grumbling grow; he grew annoyed at Enoch’s apparent stand-stillness, annoyance range out as he made his fast forwarded rant towards Enoch. Felix then changed from again, to his human form, and decelerated to match Enoch. He appeared as a adult, and tall. His tone was dire and deathly “Get out of my mind.” He spoke sternly. But his exertion, he was doing his best to show anger and courage, but it bleed from the core that he was panicked, disturbed even, at the state of his mind scape; it was not suppose to decay, and he could not help but leer fearfully as the newest shrubbery started to immerge near his feet; his panic grew with it, from his point of view, it’s not that he was moving slower, it was that his doom was drawing nearer faster.

He grimaced with dread as his teeth clenched shut and his eyes flared open, the whole scape quaked in the believed revelation. “Noooo…” he breathed lowly in a terror filled grumble; he then reacted poorly and started stomping it, thrice. He then started to tremble, it was a symbolic gesture at best, the, infection was too far to vast, he knew this did not amount to anything and he trembled, and he shrank smaller and smaller, the preverbal writing was all over his face, he could only watch the city crumble, and from what he knew, his life along with it.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
<hall>Uomo's shot impacts the guard in the chest, staggering him back a foot with a pained groan, but his body armour absorbs most of the impact and he raises his rifle to return fire.
Kat beats him to the draw though, closing the distance and smashing a metalic fist into his face, crumpling him like paper while Laura finishes draining the guard she's holding and he slumps in her grasp.

Grid informs them that there are no more guards inside. Uomo grabs the Key off one of the guards and unlocks the door, the three of them dragging the Guards inside and out of immediate sight.

Once inside, they see four High tech plastic cells with clear plexiglass windows. Two are empty, In the third is an unconscious man in a white jumpsuit laying on a table with an IV feed. In the last is a girl huddled in a corner. The walls of her room are covered in black scorch marks, but apparently undamaged. the edges of her jumpsuit singed from the flames of her repeated escape attempts, and she looks up with scared, tear-filled eyes as you enter.

OOC: Yikes, expected them to last a LITTLE longer than that, lol. Alright both teams are out of combat now (Presuming Shayuri and Voidrazor don't wish to force a second round with the Mad Scientist) and the Hall team is in the Detention center.
As far as dead guards:
Unless otherwise noted, attacks by PC's are nonlethal. Uomo uses a gun, so his attacks will sometimes be lethal, and Laura's drain can kill people, but for the most part a standard 'hit somebody really hard' will not kill them unless you specifically state you're trying to do so, or it's a significant plot point.
Back in the lab, need to know what's up.

Last edited:

Remove ads