General Discussion Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
What happened to the thread that had all the non-rules/mechanics material that was approved in it?

Or is that part of the Enworld Guide's work in progress?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
What happened to the thread that had all the non-rules/mechanics material that was approved in it?

Or is that part of the Enworld Guide's work in progress?
You mean the big heap of approved content?

Erekose13

Explorer
I have been wanting to ask about comparitive wealth. The DMG has that table on appropriate wealth by level and the entire challenge rating system is based on a certain amount of magic bling. However in such a community there are no restraints put on DMs to maintain those levels.

I know my adventure will be geared towards providing enough loot for the players in comparisson to their XP awards, but that does not appear to be the norm.

I am looking at my elf, ao'Thuir in particular who after two adventures has only managed to acquire 300gp. At 3rd level he is going to fall behind other characters in power levels if this trend continues.

I guess I am not really providing any solutions here and it sounds much like griping, but I'm trying not to. Rather I am trying to address the issue of comparitive power levels with regards to wealth and treasure. I don't know what solutions could be postulated, but thought I'd bring it up anyways.

Patlin

Explorer
I go to a certain amount of effort to balance the loot I provide to characters in my games. I don't know for sure how well I do, but I do at least try. I sort of assume other DMs are in the same boat. Perhaps ao'Thuir has a big score right around the corner! He does seem very poor for his level, and perhaps some kindly DM somewhere will give him an opportunity to correct that.

Most of the characters in the game your currently DMing have had me as a DM before, hopefully you find them to be adequately equipped?

Velmont

First Post
It is true it is not really balanced. I look at Rinaldo (I know, I'm always refering to him, but hey, he has experience...) and he got in one adventure, when he leveled form 2nd to 3rd, 8500 worth of loot. After that, he didn't gained half of that and he is now level 5. One reason, it is because he is higher level than most other player in the adventure he goes, and we split evenly, not considering the level. (Presently, Rinaldo is in an adventure with two 1st level character and three level 3 or 4. What reward can you give to such a group?)

I see one way to repair that, it is to give reard to that specific player. That mean most of the time, he had to be alone at some part of the adventure, or maybe for all the adventure. It could also be a nice way to take avantage of the background of a character. But doing that for every character, it would be more than a full time job for a master.

I don't see any miracle way, and I am a bit against giving thinsg freely like that.

There is another option. You become a Trader and take advantage of the Haggle and Bargain power to make lot of profit ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads