• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
El Jefe said:
Waddaya expect from a Priest of Gliran? Although he's hardly 1st level any more...
Then he'd fit perfectly, if he wanted to. I think his character ws considering it, but we'll see by next week what's going on.

Xael

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Was Almayce the one who wanted to use undead horses to travel more in a day?
Yeah, that's Almayce. He could afford those horses and a scroll of Animate Dead now too. :cool: He's saving money to craft +2 Constitution item though, as his Con is still only 6. :heh:

I have many more ideas involving undead things too.

Bront said:
Then he'd fit perfectly, if he wanted to. I think his character ws considering it, but we'll see by next week what's going on.
Unfortunately Almayce isn't really amoral, he just couldn't care less about things like using negative energy to create undead and such. And he suffers from severe mental superiority complex. :D

Almayce doesn't really have anything stopping him from taking a job outside the Inn, but I'm not sure whether he's really appropriate for the adventure. For one, he's Lawful, and has to consider the reputation of Gliranites (is that a word?). So he wouldn't take any job that has a large possibility of getting him into legal trouble or something. And I have to say that the name of the adventure sounds like it's about "liberating" possessions from somebody.

And the man didn't certainly make a very good first impression by ignoring the rules of the Inn either.

It's not impossible for Almayce to join the adventure, but I figure he won't with what he knows now. At least before I know what is "questionable moral deciency".

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Well, the only way he'll find out more would be to come and check.

And I'm not saying anything further :)

Xael

First Post
Bront said:
Well, the only way he'll find out more would be to come and check.

And I'm not saying anything further :)
Well, damn. I guess I'll have to bother to move him from the Inn to the other thread then. :p He can always refuse...

Velmont

First Post
Patlin said:
Edit: I should admit it depends on the character and what other kinds of damage you have. TWF is an easy choice for a melee rogue, and even a favored enemy bonus skews things in favor of TWF.

TWF is for Rogue. I have a freak statistician friend who turn all the stats upside down and if you go for the stats, the TWF is less powerfull than a two-handed weapon for a fighther. Now, for a Rogue who can apply two time there sneak, that's another question.

But when you create a character for roleplay (and not rollplay), you don't consider that...

Patlin

Explorer
Velmont said:
But when you create a character for roleplay (and not rollplay), you don't consider that...

Well, you *might not* consider it. I know when I practice marshal art techniques, I pay a *lot* of attention to which styles and maneuvers are more effective than others. Perhaps I'm a powergamer even in real life... :)

Velmont

First Post
Patlin said:
Well, you *might not* consider it. I know when I practice marshal art techniques, I pay a *lot* of attention to which styles and maneuvers are more effective than others. Perhaps I'm a powergamer even in real life... :)

Sure, but once you'll have played many time the optimal option, you'll surely want to try something else. I've stop to count my Rogues. I've played a lot of dungeon delver style rogue (the best one was a trapmaker by profession), but when I decide to play a Rogue here, on LEW, I choose to do a merchant with some skilled of a smuggler. I have no MS and Hide ranks, and how many times it would have come handy, but I try to use my strength: social skills, and thanks to KB who have given a chance to have it, a hat of disguise. And I don't speak about my illusionist who can't use necromancy and evocation, or my wizard with Con 6...

I know, not everyone is willing to try something challenging (even me, it happens sometimes), but I think that at some point, you just stop to consider the combos and just start to find interesting concept. Sure, once the concept is chosen, if you have a choice that will help the survival of that concept, you'll choose the advantageous one, but it will be secondary, not the focus.

Manzanita

First Post
Thanks Velmont. I like your play style. Perhaps its time for my wizard rant I've been meaning to post for about a week. Over a year ago I ran a poll in the general thread asking what people's favorite (& least favorite) core classes were. The favorite classes were (think about it a sec before you look) [sblock]rangers and wizards.[/sblock]

I think people like wizards b/c they can identify with them. I suspect most of us are knowledge workers (or students). We make our living based on what we know, and our ability to learn. The class most like this is the wizard. Thus I think its easier for most people to get into a wizard's head & identify with that class than most others.

I've found in PbP personality is VERY important, and your personality concept is at least as important as your class/race/feat/spell concept. It is important to be useful as well, but given that in a given LEW adventure, there will probably be higher and lower level PCs than yours, you'll rarely be the most or least powerful anyway. You've just got to find your niche.

HugeOgre

First Post
So I just made my first post in the Tavern thread, and I'm just looking to get up to speed.

How does one make the Spoiler boxes with the hidden text?

Are there any low level adventures starting soon that maybe Ive missed seeing?

Where would a half orc most likely be from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads